Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

My 2015 evo x started rattling under the car about 2 - 3 months ago. (rattling occurs around underneath the back passengers seat)

I ignored it at first but now the rattle has became louder.

I have no idea what is going on and Mitsubishi said they will charge me to investigate this. ( i have serviced it every time at Mitsubishi dealer ship. Car has 40,000km on it at the moment)

I have heard other people say it could be the heat shield for the exhaust.

I have changed my catback exhaust however i dont believe this is the cause as i have changed it years ago and the rattle has only started now.

Rattle Noise
- Will rattle when you accelerate (around 50% of the time)

- Will rattle when clutch is engage and disengaged
- Rattles about 70 - 80% of the drive
- Will not rattle when car is stationery

I have attached a mp3 recording of this.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a similar noise recently. My downpipe heat shield was a bit rusty and coming apart, and it was rubbing on the downpipe

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue, this first occurred when I got a straight test pipe mated to my q300 exhaust. It started rubbing against the exhaust heat shield. Changed to a test pipe with a bend and problem resolved that was about 2 years ago.

Then randomly started again last month Feb 2019, jacked the car up and pushed the exhaust away from the heatshield, stopped for about a week then started again. I'm thinking its just some bad exhaust hangars.

Also have a rattle from the engine bay but that's from a missing bolt on the turbo heat shield.
I would say if you have a jack just lift the car up and check if the exhaust its rubbing or near the heat shield.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check your exhaust hangers. I had one break a few months back. It’ll cause some rattles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts