Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys my evo x has a little rpm glitch when i put the pedal all the way down. The car opens up nicesly but when it arrives to the higher rpms it makes like a little stop and pull and the rpms do like a stop and go and you can totally feel it. We think that the cars ignition timing is so agresive that is probably a little knocking and the cpu is just protecting the engine. If some one has a little info plz write. Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi guys my evo x has a little rpm glitch when i put the pedal all the way down. The car opens up nicesly but when it arrives to the higher rpms it makes like a little stop and pull and the rpms do like a stop and go and you can totally feel it. We think that the cars ignition timing is so agresive that is probably a little knocking and the cpu is just protecting the engine. If some one has a little info plz write. Thanks
This happens to alot of us. it does this because the car is running very rich.
Take it to your dealership. I have and all they can tell me is a new flash is coming in spring.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I also had that problem. Today i put on my X a works drop in filter, and the high RPM's hesitation was gone. That was my fix...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I used a cone filter for my "fix" and now I'm doing just fine. Might want to go with just a drop in though, as the stock airbox muffles the recirc valve and turbo spool. I like the sound, but some may not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea guys i did some test and the ignition is runing at 22 degrees and fuel is super rich your probably right. Im just waiting for the reflash and we will fix that on the dyno. ALso at night when is cooler the car doesn't do it that much because it leans a little and it runs fine. We have to take the timing down an the fuel down i heard the x is runing hi 9s in the wideband thats amazingly rich.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Your car's ignition cannot burn the fuel that is being sent to the motor thus why it is hesitating .. you either need less fuel or more ignition .. Running rich is good, very good, but too rich can cause issues such as this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.