Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EVO X RS BW EFR7163 with direct port meth injection, 482whp, plus track video

Another new Update - 482WHP :) see below..

Hi All,

Thought I would share my results. This is a weekend/track car. I run the car @ Sepang Malaysia F1 race track. Video of my latest run putting down a fairly decent time on Yokohama A050 Medium compound tyres is below.

- EVO X RS 5 speed (in Singapore)
- HKS stroker to 2.15ltr
- Cosworth MX1 cams/springs
- CBRD 7163 turbo kit with test pipe
- FIC 1,000 cc injectors
- Trust 4" IC
- CBRD 3.5" intake
- Aquamist HFS-3 with direct port meth injection (50/50 water/meth)
- Tephra V3 open source tuned
- Car is running 98 RON octane fuel (similar to 93 in US).

Dyno results are on a heartbreaker Mainline dyno, stock EVO X put down 220whp.

EVO X RS EFR 7163 METH 482WHP v NO METH

Untitled by Robert Monckton, on Flickr

White line is base run without direct port meth running, yellow line is tuning the direct port meth being the only difference (AFR and timing change only, nothing to boost yet), red line all we did was make wastegate adjustment (turned wastegate nut one more turn) and turn up boost overall.
dyno done in 4th gear always

It now hits 2.0bar boost by 3,950rpm! it feels a lot better spooling than the graph shows, it's really nice to drive on road now.

AFR is now 12.1:1 most of the way through to redline, nice and flat

Car feels MUCH faster than the graph lets on. Video of the car in action @ Sepang track:

Wallpaper by Robert Monckton, on Flickr

4 by Robert Monckton, on Flickr

6 by Robert Monckton, on Flickr

EVO RS 1001 by Robert Monckton, on Flickr

5 by Robert Monckton, on Flickr

8 by Robert Monckton, on Flickr

IMG_3126 by Robert Monckton, on Flickr

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went back for a retune, amazed at the results! No hardware changes and only tuning, we held boost up top of RPM and didn't even need to change Meth system (Aquamist sprays based on IDC).
That's a 79WHP and 12KG of torque gain at the wheels (@ 7,000rpm) just with direct port meth and boost holding stronger up top. Clearly can see how a decent sized turbo mixed with direct port meth produces major results!
We experienced ZERO knocks on the det cans and logs too. Didn't even need to adjust the Meth kit, AFR also cleaned up and now runs flat at 12.1:1 AFR

Please note boost on the dyno reader is bout 1.87bar but at MAP sensor in car it was 2.04bar. Dyno operator who also owns two EVO X's said this translates to 610 Crank HP...

Here is the new found power (difference in graph is meth on v meth off):

Here is the gains from the last tune, non meth tune and this recent one:

reminder this is on a Mainline dyno, stock this EVO gets 225whp on same dyno and there isn't any EVo's that spool below 4k rpm and produce 461WHP :p It's an absolute beast now!

Heading back to the track next week.. (I also removed 40kg of weight from the car too).

Rob

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So I Thought my boost was spooling too slow and a little lazy after having the kit removed for an inspection.

At the same time I decided to run a slightly higher boost tune (2.0bar). I adjusted the nut on wastegate one more turn, had WGDC increased below 4k rpm and WOW!!

We picked up a huge amount of toque and spool plus even more power up top. Like the other runs, zero knock on the det cans and we are worried about head lifting or stock sleeves not handling it so we kept timing low up top being a track cR. This turbo can absolutely go above 500WHP on this dyno which is crazy!

iI'll let the graphs do the talking:

DYNO 482whp v 433 meth re tune more boost and wastegate ajust by Robert Monckton, on Flickr

yellow line was the original meth tune and lower boost, red line is 482whp

As we expected, increasing boost up top cleaned up the AFR and now it's perfect.

Here is the new found power compared to my stock block and HKS 7640 Kai turbo street tuned (worried about blowing stock engine with this tune),

EVO X RS EFR 7163 METH 482WHP v HKS 7640 kai street tune by Robert Monckton, on Flickr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts