Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow EVO X SE owners! I have been in contact with someone about making build plaques for our cars. I was thinking about getting a badge done for above the shifter, or the center console and one for the engine bay (probably one that would go on the radiator shroud). As stated in the thread title, this is only a feeler. I so far have found someone who would make these. This guy has made these for the 40th Anniversary Edition 370Z. Here is a sample of what he has done:

If there is anyone that is good with photoshop, and could put a sample together, that I could show this guy, that would be a great start. I was thinking that the badge should include: (build #) #000 / 340, and the words 'LANCER EVOLUTION' and 'SE' or 'SPECIAL EDITION' - in the same font as the OEM badges.

Once we get a design that the majority approves of, then we can talk about color, etc. I believe that for the 2 370Z badges, it only cost around $40 or so. Hopefully this should be around the same price range, but we won't know until everything is finalized.

If anyone is interested in contacting this guy, please PM him on his facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/DarkpathEnterprises

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
yeah If I could find a single Mitsubishi based organization that can actually tell me my build number. They are a waste of space. But most people have theirs jand would probably like this plaque.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah If I could find a single Mitsubishi based organization that can actually tell me my build number. They are a waste of space. But most people have theirs jand would probably like this plaque.

Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully someone can help you find out how to obtain your #. I have no idea, as after I bought my car, it was sent to me in the mail several weeks later. The letter came from Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. - if this helps.

·
Registered
616 Posts
? Is it because you're the second owner ?

BTW, OP... IN!

·
Registered
616 Posts
OP, I'm willing to shell out more than forty-bucks if we can get an actual badge. Not just a dinky sticker.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OP, I'm willing to shell out more than forty-bucks if we can get an actual badge. Not just a dinky sticker.
He does make an actual metal engraved badge for the interior of the 370Z. This is what I wanted for our interior. The black sticker was only for the radiator shroud.

Here is another idea for the badge - maybe first two lines should say 'LANCER EVOLUTION' - like on the kickplate or shifter knob /hand brake handle, and third line should say 'SE' (in front like on badge), and then have build number next to it #000 / 340.

·
Registered
616 Posts
My recommendation is to just mock-up a badge bro. If you wait on every forum SE owner to pipe in, it'll take forever. Just saying.

·
Registered
616 Posts
BTW, I don't have access to materials but I do have access to laser etching. OP, let me know if you can get access to material(s).

Let me know.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My recommendation is to just mock-up a badge bro. If you wait on every forum SE owner to pipe in, it'll take forever. Just saying.
I fully agree. I don't know how to do graphic designs, so if someone could make a mock-up, it would get the ball going. I say start with the 'LANCER' first line, 'EVOLUTION' second line, and 'SE' and build # on third line. All written like on OEM badges. Basically, I think it should look like the Aluminum handbrake cover with the "LANCER EVOLUTION" etched into it with only 'SE' and #000 / 340 on the bottom. I think this would look the best, and if you have the aluminum handbrake and shift knob, then it would match perfectly. Unfortunately, I don't have access to materials.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone on here good with graphic design, and can help the community out? Just need a mock-up that says 'LANCER' first line, 'EVOLUTION', second line, and 'SE #000 / 340' on the third line. 'LANCER', 'EVOLUTION', and 'SE' written like on OEM badges. Basically same as aluminum handbrake cover or door sills, with just the SE #000 / 340 added to the bottom (third line). Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
OEM fonts for Lancer

I am in possession of most of these artifacts as of this morning.. PM me for details...

Anyone on here good with graphic design, and can help the community out? Just need a mock-up that says 'LANCER' first line, 'EVOLUTION', second line, and 'SE #000 / 340' on the third line. 'LANCER', 'EVOLUTION', and 'SE' written like on OEM badges. Basically same as aluminum handbrake cover or door sills, with just the SE #000 / 340 added to the bottom (third line). Thanks!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here is the first sample / prototype image for the plaque. It needs a little tweaking, but is looking good so far. Let me know what you guys think. (Yes, I realize that there were only 340 SEs made, but this is only a sample for reference).

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also, if anyone has a receipt from the dealership, it has the your car's production date on it (mine do at least). This could also be added to the badge, if there was enough interest.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think maybe (still with a little tweaking), this should be used as the engine bay badge:

And I like this idea for the interior (Thanks Brez! - from evolutionm.net):

·
Registered
461 Posts
Count me in!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm in, I just don't know my build number.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm in, I just don't know my build number.http://www.autoguide.com/mobile
It will still be a couple of weeks before finalization, so you got some time. Call Mitsuibishi Motors of North America and get that s**t...LOL. After these are completed, they will still be available, so no rush really.

·
Registered
326 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts