Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im a noob at changing out seats, I just bought to Bride Low max Gia 2s... problem is I already sold my old seats to get the new ones :duh:
I guess the question is, do I need to go back to the dude I sold my seats to and get the sensors out of the seat? I got all the wires and Everything I could except a yellow wire running into the stock Evo x Recaros.

If I dont put the sensors in and I just plug the belts in, ill just have a light on, on the dash right? shouldnt cause any issues right? And I dont think the bride seats come with any sort of sensor.

Let me know how you did yours.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
the yellow wire is to the airbag in the seat, I dont think you could have moved the airbag to your brides even if you remembered to keep it. There is a resistor in the market which hooks up to the empty link in the car and fools the car into believing that it had seat airbags.. research that..

Recaro seats dont really have any sensors, all they have is airbags..

Edit: just learnt, they do have weight sensors.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay I'll research it I was just so surprised to see how many wires for actually under the seat. Thanks again

·
Registered
381 Posts
you need the seatbelt resistors and the weight sensors from the passengers seat if you dnt want the airbag light. i didnt really bother with the weight sensors cause its jst a pain to take off and install

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
inspection sticker

Well I live in Mass and need to get this light off or my car will fail inspection, Recaro makes a Kit to trick the computer, but I dont think it has anything to do with the seat sensors. In other words I dont want to go buy this $$$ kit just to have the lights still on from the weight sensors not being plugged in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SO I found a guy to pass my car with the racing seats, PROBLEM 1 Solved, but...for future resale and saftey purposes I purchased this kit
http://216.167.204.95/p-746-airbag-resistor-kit.aspx

Which will disable the airbags that are being tripped, curious though if anyone has used this "Recaro Airbag bypass/immobilizing Kit" before... If you have does it disable just that one airbag? I hope so :nopity:eek:r ill be sad.
Also the great shop that I go to has provided me with sensors from there car to be installed in the passenger Bride seats.

·
Registered
381 Posts
you should jst go to radioshack and get resistors solder them in parallel to get 3.3ohms (i think i cant remember) plug them in the airbag harness and save money. but again youll still get the light cause of the weight sensors

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess my main concern is that if I was to get into an accident, that even if the SRS light is on, will the airbags actually deploy, I am working on getting the light off, purchasing sensors from a friend and got the Recaro bypass, Does anyone know for now while im driving around with the light on?

·
Registered
143 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.