Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Dick Tracy
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at the dealership yesterday(lewisville mitsubishi) and met with a regional manager who happened to be at the dealership. I understand that he was the manager over about 15 stores. He was amazingly helpful. He told me that the first shipment to the US is shipping 1/1/2008. It then takes 10-14 days for the evo to arrive at the dealership. There are two other shipments mentioned as well. One on 2/1 and one on 2/21. So the first EVOs should be hitting the streets in mid jan. He was able to show me on the computer that they had MRs that had a ship date of 2/21. So the whole November 2008 rumor appears to be debunked. I was told that pricing is usually available on the vehicles 2 weeks before they ship so we should know pricing in the middle of December. He was able to pull up the vehicles that the dealership was allocated and present a VON number for the vehicle that I wanted to purchase. I was told that the VON number is the number the car has through production until it is assigned a VIN number.

A couple of things that he cleared up for me were:

1. There will be an available Aero kit as an option and it can be put on at port. Does anyone have a picture of this kit?
2. The Fast key system will be on all GSRs unless you order the BASE trim and will be standard on the MRs .
3. Nav is an option on the GSR and the MR and can be put on at the port.(
He wasnt able to tell me if the steering wheel would be upgraded with the bluetooth buttons if you get NAV on the GSR.)
4. The Recaro seats in the GSR are the same design as the MR but different fabric.

·
Dick Tracy
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Administrator
24,218 Posts
I was at the dealership yesterday(lewisville mitsubishi) and met with a regional manager who happened to be at the dealership. I understand that he was the manager over about 15 stores. He was amazingly helpful. He told me that the first shipment to the US is shipping 1/1/2008. It then takes 10-14 days for the evo to arrive at the dealership. There are two other shipments mentioned as well. One on 2/1 and one on 2/21. So the first EVOs should be hitting the streets in mid jan. He was able to show me on the computer that they had MRs that had a ship date of 2/21. So the whole November 2008 rumor appears to be debunked. I was told that pricing is usually available on the vehicles 2 weeks before they ship so we should know pricing in the middle of December. He was able to pull up the vehicles that the dealership was allocated and present a VON number for the vehicle that I wanted to purchase. I was told that the VON number is the number the car has through production until it is assigned a VIN number.

A couple of things that he cleared up for me were:

1. There will be an available Aero kit as an option and it can be put on at port. Does anyone have a picture of this kit?
2. The Fast key system will be on all GSRs unless you order the BASE trim and will be standard on the MRs .
3. Nav is an option on the GSR and the MR and can be put on at the port.(
He wasnt able to tell me if the steering wheel would be upgraded with the bluetooth buttons if you get NAV on the GSR.)
4. The Recaro seats in the GSR are the same design as the MR but different fabric.
Awesome, this is all great news! I hope it's true.

·
Registered
329 Posts
thanks for the update but i'll believe it when i see it.

i don't want to get my hopes up for the MR and then all of a sudden mitsu turns around and stuffs a bowl of cocks down our throats with a november 2008 release date.

but damn, if you're news is correct, the wait is almost over.

iLisa

·
Registered
775 Posts
great news! i can't wait to see it on the road here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
as much as i want the x now, im going to have to wait til the 1st quarter of 2009. i'll leave room for 1st year improvements and want to be aware of any problems that my arise.

·
Dick Tracy
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Dick Tracy
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So they should be arriving in the states around Jan 10-14ish ?
Yes sir that is correct unless there is some unforseen delay.

·
Dick Tracy
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.