Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I鈥檓 hoping someone can help. I鈥檓 starting to lose hope on this car 馃槄.

I have a 2008 evo x had a aem intake, accessport Cobb stage 1 sf.

About a month ago I drove from Ohio to Washington. Flawless trip, evo drove good! When I arrived I had some parts waiting for me. I knew I鈥檇 have time and space so I let the car sit for 2 weeks when I did this.

I added an accesport and an intake, adjustable coilovers and adjustable control arms and I took my car to get an alignment shop. Car shut off on my way. But I was able to wait it out then drop it off and pick it up when it was finally able to crank and start up.

After picking up my car it seemed to run fine.

The next day I decide to finally drive it and the car shuts off. The steering wheel tightened up and I lost power. When this happens I wasn鈥檛 able to crank the car, when I plugged in the Cobb or an obd2 it wasn鈥檛 able to communicate with the the ecu.

Again I pull to the side and wait it out try to crank it until it finally decides to crank and I start taking it home. On my way home about two blocks from where I live I notice the clutch is slipping. Car won鈥檛 accelerate at when I step on it but RPMs go up after 30 mph.

I get home pull these codes:
ECU
U0830
U0167
ACD
C1617
U0100

then unmarried the accessport and switched to a stock air box.

I鈥檓 Debating in switching the clutch myself or taking it to a shop (winters coming and I don鈥檛 have a lot of space).

I guess my questions is do you know if my clutch could be causing all these issues or are these two separate issues, the car shutting off and the clutch slipping?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Registered
The clutch should not cause any of those problems IMO.

You have some electrical issue. A bad ground or something. You were also having problems starting it after working on the headlights right? It could be something with that. But I think most of your issues are electrical.

Wish I could help you, but I couldn't tell you where to start. But I would recommend taking it to a shop to figure out the electrical issue and probably get a shop to do the clutch too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
@ugakirk yeah, I learned that it wasn鈥檛 the headlight. When the car finally turned over I tested fuse 21 and it worked. Yeah, thanks man. I鈥檓 going to look for a good shop around my area and hopefully they can figure it out. Appreciate it!

Registered
Hi I鈥檓 hoping someone can help. I鈥檓 starting to lose hope on this car 馃槄.

I have a 2008 evo x had a aem intake, accessport Cobb stage 1 sf.

About a month ago I drove from Ohio to Washington. Flawless trip, evo drove good! When I arrived I had some parts waiting for me. I knew I鈥檇 have time and space so I let the car sit for 2 weeks when I did this.

I added an accesport and an intake, adjustable coilovers and adjustable control arms and I took my car to get an alignment shop. Car shut off on my way. But I was able to wait it out then drop it off and pick it up when it was finally able to crank and start up.

After picking up my car it seemed to run fine.

The next day I decide to finally drive it and the car shuts off. The steering wheel tightened up and I lost power. When this happens I wasn鈥檛 able to crank the car, when I plugged in the Cobb or an obd2 it wasn鈥檛 able to communicate with the the ecu.

Again I pull to the side and wait it out try to crank it until it finally decides to crank and I start taking it home. On my way home about two blocks from where I live I notice the clutch is slipping. Car won鈥檛 accelerate at when I step on it but RPMs go up after 30 mph.

I get home pull these codes:
ECU
U0830
U0167
ACD
C1617
U0100

then unmarried the accessport and switched to a stock air box.

I鈥檓 Debating in switching the clutch myself or taking it to a shop (winters coming and I don鈥檛 have a lot of space).

I guess my questions is do you know if my clutch could be causing all these issues or are these two separate issues, the car shutting off and the clutch slipping?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Pop the red square box off under the hood. Should have a few connections with some I believe 10mm bolts holding them down. Check and see if any of those are loose. I鈥檇 recommend undoing your battery first as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts