Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Evo X spotted in Toronto!

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  _Chris_ 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Those aren't for test driving.. at least not yet. More like 'dealer prototype' to train the service department on and famliarize them with the car from what I gathered.

#5 ·
WTF??? Evo X in Canada already? Are there any in Vancouver? I bet these cars will be making a tour of Canada for training in each region.

Notice the silver shifter looks like a manual tranny shift boot, but also looks to have paddle shifters, and BBS forged wheels. Did you take the pics? Were these all SST or were there any 5MT?

God, I need more information!!!

#9 ·
Could have been used for snow testing.. yes even now, just gotta drive north until you find snow :) it's not very far

And no, the pics aren't mine, and the pics aren't from the person who posted them on toprotege either. He said he read them on another forum, not sure where though.

#10 ·
quoted from toprotege.com (see link to thread in first post):

snafu said:
Hahaha holy shishkabob! I saw these pictures yesterday and guess what dropped by today?

Yeah that's right, this guy got a ride in the new Evo X. It took a bit of effort to get in but once I was in the seats held me like...like something that holds you really well! Turbo lag is obviously there but that's what makes it fun! That said it didn't seem as fun to ride along with that flappy paddle stuff. I know it's quicker, fast, smooth whatever but I like manuals. I wasn't driving though so I can't say how 'fun' it would be to pull paddles.

As for looks, the rims look amazing, front end is mean and the back end looks BIG well-a lot bigger than the Mitsu Lancers. Car looks very substantial and up to the job.

This was a total dropby surprise so I didn't get to take out my camera but it looks like it does in these pictures and looks better in person. If I had the money and was looking for this or the STi....definitely the EVO.

#14 ·
so I guess Mitsubishi is done "testing" the SST...production models are supposed to hit japanese dealers next month, and now they're sending MR's to Canada for dealer demos!! hopefully this means dealers will be able to order MRs now...I guess I'll be calling my old sales manager tomorrow...

oh yea, sweet find!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.