Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently heated my stock springs and wanted to see what everybody thought. was kinda mad at all the mean comments but now that i really think about it i thank all you guys for giving me a heads up. so im deciding to get some legit lowering springs. gimme yer guys' thoughts on what to buy please and thanks

·
Registered
650 Posts
congrats dude. you are probably the first person on any forum I have ever seen to have that big of a flame thread and come out and admit you may have made a mistake. there is still hope for humanity lol. major props

·
Registered
449 Posts
congrats dude. you are probably the first person on any forum I have ever seen to have that big of a flame thread and come out and admit you may have made a mistake. there is still hope for humanity lol. major props
Haha. So true. Anyways, search around in the suspension section. Swift and Eibach are the most popular. Main difference is that Eibach generally drops lower. Swift is more of a moderate drop, I believe.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks bro. getting that much negative feed back couldnt be good ya know haha. thank you and everybody else for being real. little mean. but i gotta admit people put some funny shit lol.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
GTWorx all the way :rock:

I don't get the love for the "one size fits all" eibach's. only merit to why they're so popular is because they've been out since the early days (which is no surprise because they're made for every car out there)

and Swifts just look way too conservative to be worth the money. I honestly can't tell unless I see a before/after, and I hear more comments about how they're too soft/conservative for a handling upgrade

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yay, sorry bro I just ripped you in your other thread, glad to see you are taking a better step forward..is be lying if I.haven't done stupid shit like that..hell I had a fucking baby blue civic with graffix..fail

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
Well there's the Swift sport springs which is a mild drop, like 1" front and .6" rear, then there's the Spec-r version of it which is 1.2" front and 1" rear. I would recommend the spec-r's. Eibach is slightly lower than the spec-r springs.
H&R will be lower, i think like 1.4" drop up front and 1.3" rear. Tein will be around 1.4" drop as well, not sure about rears though.

I have seen negative reviews from the tanabe springs when compared to other brands like swift, h&r, eibach etc.

Maperformance.com is always a great place to order from, they have excellent customer service and from my experience ship fast.

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
well this car is strictly my DD. not TOO worried about the ride. i def want a noticable drop
If you want a noticeable drop then i think you'll be slightly disappointed with the Spec-r springs. Sure you will love it the first few weeks, then youll look at it and realize you still have plenty of wheel gap. Go H&R or Tein if you want less wheel gap. Its not gonna be that low to be honest. I'm dropped 2.5" all around and i can still manage to drive through most of Denver. Learn to drive SLOW and CAREFUL around ridiculous inclines and speed bumps, try taking super steep inclines sideways and youll be fine.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.