Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Which looks better?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
aka EvoXforums
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend and me always arguing on Evo's style. He says that they f...ed up Evo's style by making Evo X. So he asked me if could make a thread here, i said sure. Make your votes for better looking car.

·
[Global Moderator]
7,334 Posts
I still really like the looks of VIIIs & IXs (IXs more though), the X is just a bit more mature looking to me, that's one reason why I ended up buying it. I fell in love w/it a year & a half ago when I was watching the New York Auto show.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
i didnt like the X in the picts on the comp but as soon as i went to the dealer i was like wow, it looks soo much better in person. Thats just how i viewed it tho :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
The X has a more upscale appearance, and that's one of the reasons it has attracted people, like me, who previously would only buy BMWs. The car is larger, but it also has a superior structure and safety. Also, especially in profile, it is simply much more aggressive looking. Previous Evos were based on what was, quite frankly, a pretty ugly little three-boxer with a greenhouse that was much too tall. Just my two cents.

Honestly, I bought the Evo because it's a car for people who like to drive, and although I still love Bimmers, you see yourself coming and going, and a lot of people buy them primarily for the spinner badge, and have no idea as to their handling capability. Every time I follow a 3- or 5- series through a turn, I keep thinking, "C'mon, dude, that car is way, way more capable than you!"

The Evo X is just, well, the shit!

·
Registered
134 Posts
The 9 looks good if your younger and like that aggresive look. When you put the 10 and 9 next to each other thou the 9 looks outdated.

·
Arm Wrestling Champion
276 Posts
I've always loved the look of the traditional Evos. I love the look of the X too, but as bold of a design as it is, I don't think it's as aggressive as the<X Evos. Put them side-by-side and the X looks watered down for what it is - an Evo. Don't get me wrong, the X is a beautiful car but I think it lost some of its aggressive rally look in the latest "evolution".

That being said, the IX is outdated and more immature (boy racer), which is one of the reasons I got an X. Main reason was that I wanted a brand new car, and I obviously didn't have that option with the IX.

The X is undoubtedly still an Evo though - it is badass. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's the Evo IX fanboys claiming the Evo is ruined and the X shouldn't be considered an Evo. Yes, the 4G63 is gone, but I think the 4B11 will be even better. (sorry, a little OT!)

But I must say...boy, is the X a head-turner - I can't get rid of the attention!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Ive always admired the EVOs performance, but I always thought they just looked to much like a Corrola, Civic, and Sentra with a big wing on the back. Then the X came out and I was finally taken by an EVOs look. Hell I got a parking ticket the other day and they Put BMW on the ticket. That would have never happen with a 9. If you debadged a 9 you are more likely to get a ticket that said corrolla on it. Just my 0.02

·
aka EvoXforums
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It might be EvoXforums but i think you all know about Evo 9 and X, you all have seen one, you all have drove one.

·
Administrator
24,209 Posts
Ive always admired the EVOs performance, but I always thought they just looked to much like a Corrola, Civic, and Sentra with a big wing on the back. Then the X came out and I was finally taken by an EVOs look. Hell I got a parking ticket the other day and they Put BMW on the ticket. That would have never happen with a 9. If you debadged a 9 you are more likely to get a ticket that said corrolla on it. Just my 0.02
Exactly.

No one thought the older Evos were good looking except for some motorheads. Most people in general like the looks of the X.

·
Hero of the day - 4/5/09
1,550 Posts
Since it is an IX MR vs. X MR I had to go with the IX hands down. There are two factors that lead me to that conclusion.

-The color coded hood and fender vents look like crap on every color except PB.

-The chrome on the grill and the door trim make me cry on all the colors.

Chrome has no place on a Evo as far as I am concerned. Hell it turns my stomach that my GSR's interior door handles, tabs on the air vents and shifter column have chrome on them.

Other than that the X is a much better looking car. The IX looks dated and slapped together in comparison.

It is as if the IX was built up around the old base lancer. The X looks as if it were built as the first thought in the design process (Oops that's because it was) and the new lancer was just stripped down to make a consumer friendly econobox to make volume sales happen for Mitsubishi. Has anyone else noticed how disproportioned the new Lancer's belt line is?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I never owned an EVO 8 or 9, but I always had, and still do have lots of respect for them. But there are plenty of 8 and 9 owners out there that will wind up being "late bandwagon jumpers" in a couple years once nice previous gen evo's become hard to find in the used car market.

As far as I'm concerned the X is head and shoulders a better car than any previous evo, but it will take some time for the rest of the world to realize it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
the X is much more appealing in person as this sexy-ass car is constantly turning people's heads like they were in the Exorcist weither I'm at the hobby shop, gas station, or pulling up to Popeye's for their awsome biscuits.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts