Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys need y’all help so recently started to drive the Evo again it’s not a daily. Whenever I try to do a pull rpm hesitate like it’s not catching. Could this be that my clutch is slipping? Normal driving is fine no grinds or gear pops. What does feel strange is my clutch pedal being soft I have a quartermaster 8 leg clutch and it’s a horrible clutch to have but now is really spongy and easy to engage.

Any insight? I did try the 5 gear to see if stalls and it does.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Hi guys need y’all help so recently started to drive the Evo again it’s not a daily. Whenever I try to do a pull rpm hesitate like it’s not catching. Could this be that my clutch is slipping? Normal driving is fine no grinds or gear pops. What does feel strange is my clutch pedal being soft I have a quartermaster 8 leg clutch and it’s a horrible clutch to have but now is really spongy and easy to engage.

A slipping clutch wouldn't cause hesitation in the rpm. The rpm would jump high once the slip happened.

Have you check the clutch master cylinder? Is it stock? The stock CMC is known to crack with high pressure clutches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts

If you press on the gas, your engine would rev high very sharply... that means you're getting major slipping.

What you're feeling is probably loss in clutch line fluid (maybe a crack and leak from your CMC) or expansion of the CMC if it's the stock plastic one. Your CMC might pop open and you'll be in a world of hurt. Best to upgrade the CMC, especially if you have an aftermarket clutch (even the OEM clutch can pop open the stock CMC).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts