Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Its getting towards that time of year again. Last year a group of us from Raleigh decided to go together to the tail of the dragon in western NC for a long weekend of driving heaven. We all stayed at the same place and had an absolute blast! We're looking to do this again around the weekend of April 28th this year. I know I've already got around 3 or 4 evo's chomping at the bit to go again (including one guy who moved to cali who wants to potentially fly back out just to ride along!). I again wanted to extend the invite to anyone and everyone who wants to meet up and join in on the fun. More details will be posted here as plans get more locked down.

Sites for more info:

www.tailofthedragon.com
www.fontanavillage.com
www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48388&highlight=tail+dragon
feel free to pm me if you have any questions or comments.

Tentative schedule of events for the weekend:

Friday:

Noon:
This is when I plan on getting to the area with two friends from Raleigh. Not sure when anyone else is planning on getting there. If you all want to schedule a meeting time to run the dragon a few times i'm game.

8/9pm:
Could be a good time to try and meet in fontana to chit chat/shoot the bull?

Saturday:

10am:
Meetup at the top of fontana dam in the information center parking lot. We'll meet up get some photo's, move to the lower section for more photos, etc. (i do realise this is early for a lot of people and we can move it back but I was just trying to fit it so that we would finish around lunchtime. i'm open to suggestions though)

11am:
Start our group drive through the dragon and around through the cherohalla skyway.

~1/2pm:
Finish the loop in Robbinsville and stop to grab a bite to eat at one of the many fast food restaurants. Figure we can decide at the dam.

8/9pm:
Meet up again in Fontana Village to shoot the crap?

Sunday:

Nothing really planned. My group will probably be leaving in the afternoon depending on schedules.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome! I did a CCEVO meet at skyline drive last year and I told them that if they enjoyed that the dragon is basically the fun parts of that drive times 150 plus no fee for driving on the road! Shouldn't be too far of a drive and its totally worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,779 Posts
lol, id like to see that too, but i dont want a tree as a hood ornimant

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a vid from last year (ignore the sv comment or the wife singing along lol)

I'm hoping to get a gopro or get someone who has one to tag along so we can get some solid vids without the shakes.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hey guys! Its getting towards that time of year again. Last year a group of us from Raleigh decided to go together to the tail of the dragon in western NC for a long weekend of driving heaven. We all stayed at the same place and had an absolute blast! We're looking to do this again around the weekend of April 28th this year. I know I've already got around 3 or 4 evo's chomping at the bit to go again (including one guy who moved to cali who wants to potentially fly back out just to ride along!). I again wanted to extend the invite to anyone and everyone who wants to meet up and join in on the fun. More details will be posted here as plans get more locked down.

Sites for more info:

www.tailofthedragon.com
www.fontanavillage.com
www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48388&highlight=tail+dragon
feel free to pm me if you have any questions or comments.

Love this Pic!!! What day's should I plan my flight for?

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^go for it! Best part is at the end of the day you get to hang out and get to know your friendly forum members better. At the end of each day you hang out have a beer (or 5 lol) and talk cars, life, or whatever. Lodging is the biggest expense but to be honest if you get a cabin and split it you can easily find places for under 70 bucks a night. Some of the cabins have room for 4 so it can turn out to be pretty affordable. Gas is the only other large expense and last year I was under 200 bucks for 3 days of 8hr drives and a 4.5 hr road trip there and back.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Im in... as long as there is somewhere to get E85 nearby.
I'm pretty familiar with all of the fuel stations around there, and I don't recall seeing E85 around anywhere. You used to be able to buy "Dragon Fuel" which I think was over 100 octane (maybe 110?), but I don't even know if they sell that anymore... plus it was like $8.00+ a gallon.

·
Registered
515 Posts
e85 gas milage+1 hour drive to fill up= problem. Tuning for that 110 octane and running it would be fun though.

1 - 20 of 299 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.