Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had the death whine for quite some time now. Finally going to get it fixed. Just a quick question, since I'm not going to be removing the transmission, do I still need to remove the color air intake, motor mounts and all that stuff up on top? Drop the engine and all that fun stuff Or? Or do I only need to do the tc to tranny bolts, axles and drop the sub frame? TIA

·
Registered
96 Posts
So I've had the death whine for quite some time now. Finally going to get it fixed. Just a quick question, since I'm not going to be removing the transmission, do I still need to remove the color air intake, motor mounts and all that stuff up on top? Drop the engine and all that fun stuff Or? Or do I only need to do the tc to tranny bolts, axles and drop the sub frame? TIA
It's been a while since I had to swap my motor, but I believe one of the first things I had to do was remove the driveshaft, pull the axles and remove the tcase before i could drop motor, you should be okay, you may have to remove the rear engine/tranny mount, I don't quite remember. Try and find the engine swap tutorial or lookup xtra slo transmission removal just to get a general idea before you get to work and do it spontaneously.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts