Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
From a fellow airman to another that would definitely work if they were open at 10:40pm at night.

AFSC?? Your at LAFB -so cant be anything to fun..... lol

assuming your in the Airforce stEVOrgiX

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
What what my tuner said, most Evo X's dyno on their Dyno Dynamics stock around 210-220, now I'm at 303 on the same dyno with current mods at 27psi, I can see how potentially, with all of those selected options (fmic, uicp, intake, widemouth dp w/ turboback, tune) you could see a 100hp increase over stock. Will you dyno at 400? No, but a stock X doesn't dyno at 300.

You need a green to get 400, but 400 to the wheels is a lot different then +100hp over a stock evo, those suggest you'll get 100hp, which you probably can get, and end up around 390-400 at the crank, but not at the wheels.

Also consider, if you get a fp green you're going to need a custom tune, no off-the-shelf tune is going to work, so factor in another 400-500.00 for that also. I also wouldn't go the route of upgrading your turbo until you learn a lot more about this car and do a lot more research on these boards. A turbo upgrade demands an savvy owner - at least I think so.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not my first turbo'd car. I understand how everything works, just my old car was a bit less complicated as far as tuning goes. I definitely need to become more savvy with the inter-workings of this car.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
You want your x to hit 400whp on a dyno visit long island or Florida. I would reconsider your goals to be less ambiguous. Somebody might just sell you what you are looking for.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.