Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy of mine does graphic designs and wants to make a vinyl graphic for my ride... I'm considering it but I may b shunned by the Evo community.... What is everyones thoughts on it and does anyone have
One currently on their
Ride? Thoughts and criticism are appreciated but if you
Get nasty with the replies
I will punch you in
The jejunum. Jk pics are great
If you have any.. Thanks

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
At the end of the day its your car and you're the one that has to be seen in it.
Since you asked my opinion I think if your wrapping the whole car, go for it (looking like my plan) but graphics in and of themselves are really played out and rarely look good in the end.

Hope that helped.

P.S. You are about to get flamed so hard...

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea it's going to be a full car wrap. He wanted to do the attached decal In red on my PB X. The second one is what he started doing btw..
I'm already doing performance mods... And I feel the flames coming after this one

Attachments

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S. Im just considering it... I really didn't ask him to do it he just loves my ride and started getting at it

·
[Off Topic Moderator], [Ralliart Moderator], [Loca
4,765 Posts
red on the side with some type of design gong front to back would look good in black. as for the design that is shown on the evo it doesnt look right, hell bryan's skyline only looks cool cuz the neon to accent it lol and its in a movie :).

i think a vinyl wrap could look good if it was I, i would keep it simple like what is shown but the block stripes dont mesh :)

.02 good luck though - to each there own, cant knock on creativity sides at least your doing performance mods as well,

stay true to you buddty

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Graphics would be a horrible mistake IMO. It's something a 16 year old would do. I can't think of a single graphic that would improve the look of any car. Just leave it alone. It's already a great looking car. No need to F&F it up. Plus we live close to each other, so you'd just be furthering the ricer stereotype in my town. Don't do it - for the greater good :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Yea it's going to be a full car wrap. He wanted to do the attached decal In red on my PB X. The second one is what he started doing btw..
I'm already doing performance mods... And I feel the flames coming after this one

Oh I see what you meant, I meant a on solid color wrap like this:

·
4,765 Posts
^ thats neato

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Graphics would be a horrible mistake IMO. It's something a 16 year old would do. I can't think of a single graphic that would improve the look of any car. Just leave it alone. It's already a great looking car. No need to F&F it up. Plus we live close to each other, so you'd just be furthering the ricer stereotype in my town. Don't do it - for the greater good :thumbup:
Haha. I like to stand out, but I'm actually pretty 50/50 on it, if I had my way I'd just black it out but unfortunately were not allowed tint by Penn DOT.... bitches

·
Registered
2,658 Posts

Haha. I like to stand out, but I'm actually pretty 50/50 on it, if I had my way I'd just black it out but unfortunately were not allowed tint by Penn DOT.... bitches

Best thing about vinyl, if you don't like it take it off. :godance:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm stuck in daytona airport right now. Flight got delayed back to Pittsburgh... Drag.... I just wanna get home to my ride and turn off
The tps limiter in the new ATR Beta.. But back to OP, Has anyone seen vinyls that people actually like?

·
4,765 Posts
I'm stuck in daytona airport right now. Flight got delayed back to Pittsburgh... Drag.... I just wanna get home to my ride and turn off
The tps limiter in the new ATR Beta.. But back to OP, Has anyone seen vinyls that people actually like?

mufuka we dont care if you at the airport this aint facebook ! lmao j/k.......

the only vinyls ive seen on evo's are the black-out roofs, clear bras/full body wrap - fake carbon wraps - thats about it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I don't care much about the wraps or vinyls. Some can look great some can look fugly. For me, i wont ever get one. I do want to get decals from companies that I ordered parts from but its a bit retarded as I am not being sponsored by them by any means.

Just dont get flames or racing stripes, get something unique and if you like it; thats all that matters. You're the one getting the bang for your buck ;)

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
At the end of the day its your car and you're the one that has to be seen in it.

^^^ this is all thats important...
:+1:

Ive seen some nasty things done to cars and Ive been known the make fun of them, but in all honesty, if the owner walks out to his car each morning with a smile, who the hell am I to laugh at what they enjoy?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
On a side note, I got flamed hard for putting these vinyls on my car and Im not done yet... but I could care less cause the car needs to be flashy for the kids the car's charity will be raising money for.
Yeah that was a harsh thread.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts