Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Please help! I brought these headlights and I’ve tried two sets of bulbs but can’t get them to match the white led lights. Anyone know what ones to use? Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
You're going to want either an HID kit or a high quality LED kit to match the white LEDs. 5000-5500K is the color temp you'll want. Lower will be too yellow and higher will be too blue.
There are a TON of options but you generally get what you pay for in this segment.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yea it would be hard to match LEDs with non LED's. Those regular bulbs won't work. Get a high quality set of LED headlights.

Something like this:

Or pick up an HID kit..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m building some Vlands rights now and what I’m doing is using the oem HID bulbs and ballasts. Many other people have done this. The ds2 bulbs fit in the sockets and the ballast screw right onto the bottom of the headlights. You’ll have to drill a hole for the ballast on the bottom of the headlight. For wiring, you can solder the headlight connectors right to the connector on the ballasts or use these two adapters like I’m doing if you don’t want to cut and solder. Another option is just to buy some good LED headlights, but the SSS HID’s are hard to beat if you have them. Amazon.com: iJDMTOY (2) 9005/9006 Retrofit Adapters/Power Cord Wires Compatible With Acura Honda Mitsubishi Mazda OEM HID Xenon Ballast Units: Automotive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts