Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
they never look like the amount... but behind the bumper a lot of shit could be broken thats why it usually is
He is right.

I had a similar thing happen to me about 4-5 months ago. Some idiot swerved outside the lines off the highway and picked up an 18 wheels tire thread chillin on the far side OFF road and rocketed it my way which tore apart my driver side foglight and bumper along with the under tray. Of course this was all on the surface... When I took the front bumper and driver side front liner off, the SST cooler had a massive dent in it... Like someone punched it real hard.. which in my case it was the fog light unit that I guess got angry and punched it right in the middle lol. My LICP was scratched to shit as well. Damage assessment was 6k. I only paid 500 bucks (deductible) and my insurance just wrote me a check for the damage so instead of getting OEM parts, i got ETS LICP and AMS SST cooler with it and instead of the shinny (gay in other words) chrome grill surround MR's have, gotten a black grill surround the GSR has. It is a shit situation but perhaps you can just upgrade your oil cooler with an aftermarket one?

·
Registered
14,255 Posts
SES Light is just the emissions right?

·
Registered
677 Posts
SES Light is just the emissions right?
No, its the light that controls your safety system like airbags, seatbelts, things like that.

·
Registered
232 Posts
SES - Service Engine Soon
Yes... When they first gave me the car it was on, they took it to Mitsu and they said it was some valve that needed to be replaced... They replaced in Monday and the car was ok for Tuesday and Wednesday... Yesterday, it came back :(

I will be taking it to Mitsu in the next few days to check what the problem is now... Hopefully a simple fix

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
That sucks.. But I know your pain and you would be surprised at how much stuff cost to replace and all the little things... My bill/insurance coverage was $22,000! after the crash and it was all body work. No suspension or any kind of mechanical/structural work needed (well the intercooler and headlight I guess could be considered mechanical) but other than that it was all body/paint...

**Result of putting the OEM summer tires back on a bit too early and getting into a 120km/hr fully sideways slide on the highway and making friends with the side of a truck

·
Registered
454 Posts
i had a fender bender about a week ago, as i was backing out guy wasnt paying attnetion and bumped my rear end. small little paint chip the size of a quater came off my rear bumper right blow the taillight, and the bumper came apart from where the rear bumper meets the passenger door right above the rear wheel. now i gotta find a way to fit the bumper back together. i REEEEEAAALLLYYY hope it goes back together nicely, and i dont need a new bumper :confused2:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
This thread is why my insurance rates are so high :confused2:

Just kidding sorry for the misfortune.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
This thread is why my insurance rates are so high :confused2:

Just kidding sorry for the misfortune.
:) Mine dropped a few months after my crash... $180/month for full insurance with full replacement insurance (I write the Evo off and collect my $63,000 from the insurance company)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.