Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evolution of the WW EvolutionX- Finally got tuned!!!

I can’t fit all my parts into my signature anymore so I decided to create my journal. I should have started way earlier but better late than never.

I traded my 2006 STi (thinking I could get used to paddle shifters) for 2010 PB MR but hated the paddle shifters after owning manual car for 5+ years.
Couple months later I traded MR for this beauty; 2011 GSR with Aero kit, chrome and ss package. Picked her up on November 5, 2010.
Modding began a month later :)

Engine
Tomei Titanium Catback
Tomei Titanium Testpipe
MAP 02 External dump downpipe
Synapse BOV
Nisei 1pc UICP
Harman Motive 1pc LICP
ETS 4” Intercooler
ETS Intake
Hallman Pro Manual boost controller
Walbro 255 fuel pump w/install kit

Wheels & Suspension
Volk CE28N 19x10.5 +12
Hankook V12 Evo 275/30/19
Project Kics NeoChro R26 lugs
Ohlins DFV coilovers 10k/10k
Camber F -2.5 & R -2
Rolled Rear fenders

Interior&Exterior
White RalliArt shift knob
AEM UEGO wideband gauge
Defi 60mm BF boost gauge
Defi Control-Link V2
Rexpeed A-Pillar gauge pod
WeatherTech Floor mats
Mynes hood dampers
Nokya Yellow DRLs
Nokya Yellow fog lights
Yellow fog overlays
EVOLUTION X trunk emblem
Rexpeed CF rear bumper inserts
Domo-khun emblem
OEM window visiors
Rexpeed Carbon fiber mirror covers
%20 tint all around

STi:

MR:

GSR:)

The day I picked her up

Current Pics of the WW:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
July 22, 2011
I got my test pipe installed.

I cant believe how light it was than the stock one. Big difference in sound, much much louder and deeper. It kinda drones on highway but definitely bearable. Finally she sounds like a real EVO. lol.

Cobb needs hurry up and release the maps so I can get tuned!

August 13, 2011

I have contacted quite a bit of shops before I decided to go Spec-Ops and I ended up making the second best decision (first one was trading my mr for a gsr) I have ever made.

I got majority of my parts installed there and got tuned. Steve is a great mechanic with 22 years of experience. Him and Freddie installed my 02 dp in 45 mins. Holy Crap!
I guess most of the people know here, even from the reviews, how down to earth of a person Matt is. He is a great tuner and knows his sh*t. Answered all my questions with detailed answers instead of ONE word responses. While Steve was installing my parts we literally sat down in the waiting room and talked about EVOs for hours with Matt.

Even though this was my first time at Spec-Ops I really liked how I got treated as their friend instead of a customer.

Spec-Ops was the best shop I have ever been to, period. They have awesome group of people willing to go the extra mile for their customers. They installed a serial port for my AEM wideband without me asking for it. Who the hell gives out freebies nowadays?

Their labor rates are more than fair compared to other shops.
I am more than satisfied with spec ops and will be going there for my clutch replacement when the time comes.

Getting my fuel pump installed:

These guys sleep, think, eat, breath with evo s:

Random:

Dyno Chart:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Beautiful

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I would say you did a great job on the trades :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got my test pipe installed.

I cant believe how light it was than the stock one. Big difference in sound, much much louder and deeper. It kinda drones on highway but definitely bearable. Finally she sounds like a real EVO. lol.

Cobb needs hurry up and release the maps so I can get tuned!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Let me know if you want any help with installs or want to meet up. Got my car back, offer stands, let me know.

-Jordan

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.