Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 707 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, its true! The most exciting event in ALL of Motorsports is upon us once again. Evopalooza 3...the pinnacle of track day excellence. For those not familiar, two years ago I made my own track day event at Gingerman Raceway in Michigan and named it Evopalooza. I had no experience with organizing an event, but have beyond a passion for driving my Evo on the track. I wanted more people to experience this, so I took a chance and set this up. I exceeded even my wildest expectations.

I will keep the total amount of cars relatively low, so everyone has plenty of running room. I'll have a few coaches, some with headsets, so if you have never driven on the track before you won't be left high and dry. This was one thing that kept me from getting on the track, I was intimidated. I can assure you that won't happen here. There is no pressure, no one is a professional race car driver.

I'll include lunch with the deal, most likely pizza, but if there is a complete kitchen onsite at Gingerman should you want something throughout the day.
If you're worried about changing your brake fluid or pads, don't be. For about $50, a very experienced tech can handle this for you.

I also will not be advertising this anywhere but this forum for the next month or so, to give as many Evo owners as possible a chance to go first. Please understand I don't make a dime from this event. In fact, it costs me money...a good amount too.

This event is on a Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, another great group rents the track as well. Much bigger event. I've made a deal with them to get all Evopalooza drivers a discount, so you can make a weekend of this. Its costs only $5 to camp at Gingerman, which is a blast. A quick run to the Walmart to pick up beer, tons of fun. This is also a resort town on the lake, so the option to rent a house exists too. A few guys could split the cost and stay together. I go the house rental route, but bring my 3 kids and their grandparents, so my house will not be party-central.
Hopefully all the guys that went last year can go this year, we had a fantastic group. And hopefully some of the last years drivers will chime in too, with good and bad. If there is something you think could be changed, I'm all ears!

Anyway, please try to come. Its a great time, and a good opportunity to not only see what your car can do, but also meet up with fellow Evo owners in a location that isn't a Starbucks parking lot. Thanks guys. :thumbup:

http://evopalooza.eventbrite.com/

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
This is a great opportunity for anyone to come out and enjoy running your car the way it was meant to be ran. No pressure, lots of fun, and lots of track time. Im in, signed up and ready to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I will be back for sure this year, last year was a blast.

Last years track day was my first ever track day, so obviously I was nervous and intimidated. But I ran a couple of sessions with a more experienced driver, and I had no issues going solo for the rest of the day, and there is zero pressure, you can be on your own pace. And at least last year, you get a ton of track time. Everyone was great last year too, no issues on or off the track. Just a good time all around. If it wasn't for Evopalooza 2, I would have never tracked my Evo, but after the event, I tracked my Evo two more times last year, and I plan on doing a lot more track days this year.

I would recommend everyone who can to attend. Thanks Morricus for organizing the event.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be back for sure this year, last year was a blast.

Last years track day was my first ever track day, so obviously I was nervous and intimidated. But I ran a couple of sessions with a more experienced driver, and I had no issues going solo for the rest of the day, and there is zero pressure, you can be on your own pace. And at least last year, you get a ton of track time. Everyone was great last year too, no issues on or off the track. Just a good time all around. If it wasn't for Evopalooza 2, I would have never tracked my Evo, but after the event, I tracked my Evo two more times last year, and I plan on doing a lot more track days this year.

I would recommend everyone who can to attend. Thanks Morricus for organizing the event.
Hell yeah!! This post made my day :rock:

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm in this year, already signed up. We've got a schedule gap for NASA in May so this works out perfect. Need to work on my line a bit for our June NASA event at Gingerman anyways and maybe help out some others if I can. Nobody needs feel to feel intimidated by a track event. Doing one with a bunch of other Evo guys is probably the best way to jump in.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how to make this and the Tail of the Dragon trip happen on the same weekend since the dragon is about 40% of the way to Michigan. Unfortunately, I don't see any way around taking at least like 7 days off of work and having them on sequential weekends. I guess I could schedule the ToD trip the weekend before, then drive up to IL, visit a friend, then finish the trip with a track weekend at Gingerman. I don't think my S2k will hold enough luggage / tools / whatever else I may need to make that trip though lol.

I'd love to get lapped by some Evo's in my S2k on gingerman!

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm trying to figure out how to make this and the Tail of the Dragon trip happen on the same weekend since the dragon is about 40% of the way to Michigan. Unfortunately, I don't see any way around taking at least like 7 days off of work and having them on sequential weekends. I guess I could schedule the ToD trip the weekend before, then drive up to IL, visit a friend, then finish the trip with a track weekend at Gingerman. I don't think my S2k will hold enough luggage / tools / whatever else I may need to make that trip though lol.

I'd love to get lapped by some Evo's in my S2k on gingerman!
That would be glorious if you came. Best to stay and drive Saturday too, with AutoInterests.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Watched a few vids. Looks like gingerman is a wide open, safe track with tons of runoff.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Watched a few vids. Looks like gingerman is a wide open, safe track with tons of runoff.
EXACTLY. You really, really have to be a lunatic to hurt your car there. The only turn that could even remotely be considered an issue is turn 11, after the straight. But even then, you just run into sand. As long as you don't turn in too early while carrying too much speed, you can fly thru it. Its actually one of my favorite turns.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is a great event for anyone beginner to advanced. Lots of track time for a very good price. I will be back this year too.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is a great event for anyone beginner to advanced. Lots of track time for a very good price. I will be back this year too.
Hell yeah! You gonna be on Continentals again?

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes sir. Same ones as last year - literally. I didn't get on the track that much after this event last year. Hopefully they have some life left in them. How about you?
I have one more set of them, but I might just run worn Hoosier R6's that I'll have after the first few NASA dates

·
Registered
605 Posts
Uh huh, tons of runoff. As a matter of fact, I know that you really don't even need turn 10. You can just go straight off of turn 9 to the back straight and save some mileage on your car he he.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Ever plan to bring the event to the west coast? I'd definitely be down to go to Laguna Seca or something. Buttonwillow works too :D

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump, for the Greatest Motorsports spectacle of all-time

1 - 20 of 707 Posts