Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to pull up my datalogs into Virtual Dyno i get an error message saying my TPS was not full throttle. I know they don't open full throttle because they are electronic. So how do I bypass this in the Virtual Dyno?:wtfsign:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
hrmmm yeah, i think by default VD classifies TPS>80% as full throttle?
Since a lot of us only log TPS up to 87% max.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
true dat.
technically we should scale it 0-90 or 0-100.

which i assume some of you :nerd: types have done :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just to clarify, you have to log a full 2000-7000 rpm wot pull in a straight, non-inclined road segment. I am telling this because in another topic (not sure if in this forum) another guy was supposing you should just log while driving the car, in order to VD calculate power.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to clarify, you have to log a full 2000-7000 rpm wot pull in a straight, non-inclined road segment. I am telling this because in another topic (not sure if in this forum) another guy was supposing you should just log while driving the car, in order to VD calculate power.
Ok, now I have done a couple of runs where I start at 1700-1900 rpms and went to 7100-7200 rpms. It still doesn't want to go into the virtual dyno because of the "TPS not full throttle". On all my runs i DID forget to turn the AC off; could this be why it is not working properly? Also it is semi untuned.<< wouldn't think that would have any effect but just throwing it out there. TIA

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
87 is the max for your TPS. 87 should work fine in VD. Make sure you have the latest version.

If you really want your TPS to max out at 100, simply add this to the end of your "eval" in EvoScan: *100/87

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'm gonna try this also. I tried doin a run but it only logged 6300ish RPM and up.
Your TPS was over 80 for only a very short period, near the top of the rpm range. Ideally, you'd want TPS to show wide-open at a (sensibly) low RPM, then held like that through to topping out. In the attached log, TPS seemed to rise steadily.

As a side note, I prefer to cut down my logs to just the "pull" section, and feed that edited version into whatever number-cruncher I'm using. Some spreadsheet apps can do it without messing up the format :)duh:), but I tend to just use a text editor. But if there's only one WOT section in the log, it is probably an unnecessary step... as long as the TPS thing is doing its thing.

Rich

·
Registered
666 Posts
The reason the log was so long is because a log I took that morning showed knock count as 9! Good thing is I think it was phantom because I havent seen more than 2 since then. I would have edited it to just the pull but Im pretty new to this and dont know how to do it yet. For what its worth, I was WOT through all of 3rd gear and into 4th. Why it only showed WOT for just a moment is beyond me....

Im losing time from learning all this because the car is torn apart in my garage waiting on my turbo. I plan on getting a pro tune as soon as I get it finished.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts