Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can buy the Navi package from Evoscan but i want to buy a in dash navi/dvd/cd/mp3/mp4 and install evoscan on it. I saw for this month's contest there is a guy that has an in dash navi with evoscan on it but it doesnt appear to be cd or dvd player.

Anyone know any good in dash navi's that work with evoscan or that you could make work with evoscan?

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
I know you can buy the Navi package from Evoscan but i want to buy a in dash navi/dvd/cd/mp3/mp4 and install evoscan on it. I saw for this month's contest there is a guy that has an in dash navi with evoscan on it but it doesnt appear to be cd or dvd player.

Anyone know any good in dash navi's that work with evoscan or that you could make work with evoscan?
You will need any Windows Car-PC or Windows CE 5 based unit if you want it to work like you just explained.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have been meaning to try this: If you have the MR with the full AUX input (includes video) you can take a laptop with a RCA video/audio output and plug it in while you have Evoscan going. Then you would see evoscan or the gauges going while driving. You could not use the touchscreen to run the laptop, however.

Might need the DVD hack that allows you to run the MMCS during driving? Worth a try.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Navisurfer II looks decent and is cheap. Wish i could find some reviews about it.

In car PCs are definately pricey but would be awesome to have.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You just cant really mount a tablet on the dash haha. It would be nice to get a tablet to tune and log tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts