Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stock Turbo with most supporting mods.. Setup for DD/ weekend track use.. Tuned for dual maps 91/E85.

The car is running really good on the stock turbo. May go bigger turbo later.. I keep flip floppin on this.. Only time will tell..

Engine
AMS Intake
AMS UICP
AMS LICP Tial Bov
AMS DP
Depot Black IC
UR Resonated TP
Litespec CBE
GS 3 port
Tactrix OP 2.0
Blue Fuel Relays
Kelford 214A Cams (not installed yet)
Blaq Ops kit with Inline Filter added - DW300 Fuel Pump E85 safe sock filter
FIC 1100 Injectors
Mishimoto Radiator, Hoses & 1.3 bar Cap
Urethane Filled Front Engine Mount
Penn Brand Oil 10w30 (Winter) 20w50 (Summer)

Drivetrain
Jacks Trans/Diff Upgrade
Redline MT90 (Trans) Heavy ShockProof (Transfer Case) 75-90 NS (Rear Diff)
Ark G700 Twin Disc Clutch
Magnus Evo 9 CMC
TWM Full Cage Shifter all bushings upgraded

Chasis
Swift Springs
Whiteline RSB
Racingline F&R Endlinks
Track Wheel Setup - Rota Torques 18x9.5 +20mm Hankook RS3 265-35-18
DD Wheel Setup - MR BBS 18x8.5 Goodyear GT 255-40-18
Ferodo DS2500 F&R Brake Pads
DBA 4000 Series Slotted F&R Brake Rotors
AMS SS Brake Lines with Speed Bleeders
ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid

Interior
Pearl White Abrams M1 Shift Knob
KidneyTheif Shift boot
AEM Uego AFR & Boost Gauges
Perrin Dual Gauge Pod
Rosen Navi Head Unit Bluetooth capable with I-pod Input
LED Interior Bulbs

Exterior
Seibon CF Do Luck Painted Deck Lid with Flex Fuel Badge
HeadLights Blacked out- FX-R projectors Morimoto 5k - DRL Retain Chrome with Amber Reflectors
Turn Signal LED Switchbacks White/Amber
3k Hid Foglight Bulbs
Amber Sidemarkers
Rear Bumper Lights
RA Tails
LED License Plate Bulbs
Blacked Out Fog Rings,Ps loop
Removed Plates on Hood Vents

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Unmolested the day I got her.. Its the only picture I have.. LoL..

What she currently looks likes

Gettin her Jacks Trans and Ark G700 Twin Clutch

Comparison Ams Dp vs. Stock Dp

Engine Bay Shot

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Following!!

I think the BB red on a 2.3 will spool pretty quick, not sure if it will be as quick as stock. I think a BB green would be closest to stock spool but the power will obviously be less. What kind of power are you looking for?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
you should go with a BB Red or an EF3....the difference in spool from a green to a red and/or EF2 to EF3 would be worth the extra top end IMO...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Following!!

I think the BB red on a 2.3 will spool pretty quick, not sure if it will be as quick as stock. I think a BB green would be closest to stock spool but the power will obviously be less. What kind of power are you looking for?
Looking for a useable power curve.. Not exactly looking for that peak HP figure most people get wrapped up into.. Shit @ my current power level 325 ish I'm having a blast on the street.. I don't want to loose that step on the gas in any gear and pull feeling.. But i hate how the stock turbo runs out of air up top..

you should go with a BB Red or an EF3....the difference in spool from a green to a red and/or EF2 to EF3 would be worth the extra top end IMO...
Anyone know where these spool @ on a 2.3L? I read in the stock frame turbo reference guide sticky thread that a red and ef3 is spooled by 3700 rpm's but I'm assuming thats on 2.0L..

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Anyone know where these spool @ on a 2.3L? I read in the stock frame turbo reference guide sticky thread that a red and ef3 is spooled by 3700 rpm's but I'm assuming thats on 2.0L..
[email protected] were my numbers on a stock block JB red (turbo back 3" catless).
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=455938&postcount=8

knock off some more RPMs for ball bearing and even more for bigger displacement/cams/head work.

before i took the red off on sunday it was nearly impossible to drive out of boost on a 2.2 with gsc s2 cams +1mm head.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[email protected] were my numbers on a stock block JB red (turbo back 3" catless).
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=455938&postcount=8

knock off some more RPMs for ball bearing and even more for bigger displacement/cams/head work.

before i took the red off on sunday it was nearly impossible to drive out of boost on a 2.2 with gsc s2 cams +1mm head.
Yeah If I can spool by the low 3k range and make some good power up top. I will be thrilled..

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yeah If I can spool by the low 3k range and make some good power up top. I will be thrilled..
i don't see why you wouldn't be. those are 3rd gear numbers as well. 4th spooled way earlier.

also keep in mind if you get head work & cams you may not hit the same psi since you're able to flow way more air.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i don't see why you wouldn't be. those are 3rd gear numbers as well. 4th spooled way earlier.

also keep in mind if you get head work & cams you may not hit the same psi since you're able to flow way more air.

Gotcha.. Yeah I'll be using some kelford 214a's.. Still try to figure out If I will need the extra head work and oversized valves.. Most people will probably tell me you might as well since you have the head off.. Guess time will tell.. Thanks for the feedback..

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I say go 2.3L with a BB red or EF3. On the track that will be unbeatable. You will get good spool and 500hp. That is hard to beat!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
map just posted a dyno build for a 2.2l stroker with a EF3 on e85...400lb ft at 4k and 5xx at 8k...thats a real nice power band.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
map just posted a dyno build for a 2.2l stroker with a EF3 on e85...400lb ft at 4k and 5xx at 8k...thats a real nice power band.
I was just checking that out.. Very nice #'s.. I guess I just need to decide Journal Bearing or Ball Bearing.. Is the Ball bearing worth the extra 1k? HHmmm...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
BB is going to spool faster. I think about 500rpm faster?? I could be wrong. If it was me I would go BB.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
BB is going to spool faster. I think about 500rpm faster?? I could be wrong. If it was me I would go BB.
i couldve sworn that BB will not spool faster than JB...longevity and better transient response

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I always heard a BB will spool around 10-15% faster than a JB which would be right at 300-500rpm on 8000rpm rev limit right? Maybe I'm doing my math wrong.

*Edit - Looking back at my math it's more like 200-300 not 500.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.