Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys pulled the trigger on modding my stock 11 gsr so far ive ordered...
aem uego 02
prosport boost
(undecided on pod yet)
ets uicp
ets intake
cobb ap (will be dyno tuned for 91 and 94 then maps loaded)

so now im trying to decide on my exhaust, i like the invidia n1 tbe but the downpipe is diff from most, doesnt look like it actually replaces the o2 housing am i right? and how is the band clamp on that thing? will it hold up against the elements (plenty of water and salt), my other option is the ams tbe i like everything about it except for the small matter of the muffler being waaay too noticeable under the diffuser. what are everyones thoughts?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I have dc sport has more stealth muffler doesnt look like fart can...and additional resonator makes it perfect sounding
If i could do it again i would get lite spec ti or ets single
Get ams dp or ets one depo test pipe and cBe of your choice
Invidia dp doesnt look like it will make more power

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info! and no, no suspension yet I'm honestly not a track guy so I'll wait till my first visit. once I track the car and learn its limits I'm sure I'll crave more G's. still haven't learnt what it's capable of.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Get an EBC as well.

Do you want a quieter exhaust or a loud one?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was running an Agency Power catback with a Cobb HFC and it sounded fantastic. Good power bump, but a little on the loud side (if you are looking for quiet). The only thing I didn't like about the AP was the look of the angled exits. See below:

·
Premium Member
6,803 Posts
hey guys pulled the trigger on modding my stock 11 gsr so far ive ordered...
aem uego 02
prosport boost
(undecided on pod yet)
ets uicp
ets intake
cobb ap (will be dyno tuned for 91 and 94 then maps loaded)

so now im trying to decide on my exhaust, i like the invidia n1 tbe but the downpipe is diff from most, doesnt look like it actually replaces the o2 housing am i right? and how is the band clamp on that thing? will it hold up against the elements (plenty of water and salt), my other option is the ams tbe i like everything about it except for the small matter of the muffler being waaay too noticeable under the diffuser. what are everyones thoughts?
The Tomei is the best we have tested so far. PM us for a quote.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like quiet with a deep tone, I don't like to attract too much attention. tomei I like how it looks and sounds great, single tip I'm pretty set on as long as it sits pretty. my tuner said he prefers to use boost pills over ebcs. I'm absolutely green when it comes to tuning but I trust his opinion due to the fact hes done a tone of evos in western Canada and I personally know a customer who has no complaints.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Greddy single. Sounds great, looks great, is the same hp as every other exhaust ever, and shoots flames with tp.

·
Registered
775 Posts
ETS v2 quiet FTW!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just got a litespec. I haven't installed it yet but it looks good, is lite and is cheap. After all, it's just an pipe, how different could they all really be. Just decide between single or double exit.

·
Registered
425 Posts
^^ How do you like that? I was gonna pull the trigger on the Invidia N1 single. That one comes with a silencer at least i think...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts