Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there was already a thread about this but I have a slightly different question so I made a thread =).

Anyways first I want the exhaust to sound deep not like a civic or a typical "ricey" car, also I dont want it to drone out on the highway or something to where you cant even tell I have an aftermarket exhaust and lastly ofcourse performance increase. Below are the exhausts I was considering (if there is one I dont mention below that is better for what I want...please feel free to link me :bowlol:)

EDIT: Also I do want it to be emissions legal, seeing as I drive it to work =)

1. ETS exhaust
2. Greedy
3. Buschur
4. Perrin ( I havent found a link to actually buy this exhaust yet though)

any help would be awesome guys, I am alittle new to the aftermarket world with the evo x just so we are on the same page when discussing things.

·
Registered
328 Posts
ETS and Greddy are loud so you can probably cross those off.

Buschur and HKS are the two I've heard that sound the deepest/quietest. If you were to buy today I would recommend one of these two.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I have the buschur and it is amazing. I am trying to get some photos and vids up.
The Buschur Site shows an increase of 16hp overstock that nice. How loud is this Love9sick, and how was fit and finish of their product? Was there any problems with install such as modifications to get it to fit? Im really wanting something that is not louder than stock system maybe just alot deeper sound.
Also how was installing the intercooler piping. Is that something a car stupid person could do???

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
You guys can check out YouTube. Just search for evo x buschur exhaust. IMO it sounds great and not too loud. They claim it's no louder than stock, just a lot deeper.
Just listened to the exhaust on Youtube. It sounds pretty quiet at speed. I sounds really good at idle. Sounds much better than stock IMO, and if actually gains 16hp that is sweet. Just from Buschur site 10hp intake, 10hp intercooler pipes, and 16hp exhaust. Thats a pretty cheap 36hp safe bump in hp. With a nice tune to go with it you would be up around 80hp for under 3k. Money well spent.

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
I know there was already a thread about this but I have a slightly different question so I made a thread =).

Anyways first I want the exhaust to sound deep not like a civic or a typical "ricey" car, also I dont want it to drone out on the highway or something to where you cant even tell I have an aftermarket exhaust and lastly ofcourse performance increase. Below are the exhausts I was considering (if there is one I dont mention below that is better for what I want...please feel free to link me :bowlol:)

EDIT: Also I do want it to be emissions legal, seeing as I drive it to work =)

1. ETS exhaust
2. Greedy
3. Buschur
4. Perrin ( I havent found a link to actually buy this exhaust yet though)

any help would be awesome guys, I am alittle new to the aftermarket world with the evo x just so we are on the same page when discussing things.
you should make a polls about this so you can see the numbers. for me Buschur... look at the videe from edmunds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you should make a polls about this so you can see the numbers. for me Buschur... look at the videe from edmunds.
well I wanted to see some explanations as to why I should get a certain exhaust...buschur seems to be popular from this thread and other posts I have read. I will have to check out the video, I just want a nice deep exhaust that you can def hear and tell is there

·
Registered
392 Posts
The Buschur Site shows an increase of 16hp overstock that nice. How loud is this Love9sick, and how was fit and finish of their product? Was there any problems with install such as modifications to get it to fit? Im really wanting something that is not louder than stock system maybe just alot deeper sound.
Also how was installing the intercooler piping. Is that something a car stupid person could do???
No fitting problems, had to bend a metal heat shield under the car though. The sound at cruising speeds on the highway is almost unnoticeable. The low growl at lower rpms sounds really nice. It is a very throaty exhaust, very mature when it needs to be, quiet at hight speeds with less than 80% throttle but noticeable and deep when driving through 2-3k rpm. and most of all you can feel the gains. Looks great too. From the description of what kind of exhaust you said you want this is the one.

Side note: are exhausts "hard" to install by yourself? I have never tried
Nope, for the Buschur one all it took was a jack with two jack stands and a bit of time.

·
Registered
392 Posts
So the buschur has a deep sound in low RPMs and at high RPMs but its quiet when riding at a steady speed like on the highway?
For me for some reason the exhaust after a certain RPM when floored just makes a humming sound. I thought I might have a leak but I don't see any gas or fumes coming out of anywhere. Other than that yea, that is more or less right...the exhaust is pretty quiet when just driving a steady speed...the loudest in just cruising it gets is with all windows closed there is a slight hum.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
I have ETS Catback w/ Ultimate Racing Testpipe (resonated) and downpipe.
Its DEEP and loud

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Ive herd the HKS and Buschur Exhaust, so far. I don't know about true horse power gains, but my vote goes the the sound of the Buschur. The only thing that worries me about it is everyone knows HKS it top quality, but is the Buschar the same quality? I have no experience with either im new to evo tuning

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.