Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please Help!!!! :confused:

I can’t decide on what exhaust I want to buy for my Evo X. I’m torn between three exhausts at this point:

Bushur Racing’s Dual Exhaust: $850.00 Shipped

ETS Dual Exhaust: $995.00

5zigen’s ProRacer ZZ Dual Exhaust: $1,129.99

Greedy Turbo Ti-C Single Exhaust: $750.00

HKS Legamax Axle Back Exhaust: $777.50

I really like the look of the dual exhausts, but I don’t mind the greedy exhaust at all. The problem is that I like how they duals look, but I love how the Greedy exhaust sounds! They are all about the same diameter and made by great companies. I have a friend that all he uses on his IX Bushur and he loves it, but I know Greedy has a lot of name behind them. Please help, I’ve been pulling my hair for days trying to figure this out. I’ve heard them all and I like them all. The only thing I don’t like about the 5zigen is the stock design and that the pipe is 2 1/5 “ instead of 3” or even 3.15” from Greedy.

Money is not really the issue. The biggest thing for me is the sound. My wife isn’t very happy I spent 37K on a car (“stupid racy car” as she calls it), so the last thing I want to do is get her even more mad because the car sounds like a Honda with a fart-can.

Which exhaust would you guys buy/recommend?

Attachments

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
I have the ETS Dual exhaust, Its loud, and does drone at highway speed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
949 Posts
I got a peek at the Perrin exhaust system today. It sounds really nice and subtle. You might want to wait and see what that final product looks like first.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I got a peek at the Perrin exhaust system today. It sounds really nice and subtle. You might want to wait and see what that final product looks like first.
Ooh. I like nice sounding AND subtle...

It really is a difficult decision. I know personally that I am sticking with dual exhaust, and trying to get something on the "subtle" side. I like the Buschur exhaust look and sound, but was worried when they posted that it was quite loud with a test pipe. I'm not sure! Fortunately, I don't pick up my car for another month, so I plenty of time to ... ponder....

Good luck with your decision. My vote: stick with the duals, even if the GReddy sounds good.

EDIT: Just read a positive review on the ProRacerZZs you mentioned. They look pretty good too!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The only problem is that I'm an impulse buyer :godance: even if I don't make a good choice. I'm very eager to have my evo sound like the car I know it is. Do you know how long before they release any details on the Perrin exhaust? Sound or Video?

Can you tell us if it's a single or a dual?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:ghey:
Ooh. I like nice sounding AND subtle...

It really is a difficult decision. I know personally that I am sticking with dual exhaust, and trying to get something on the "subtle" side. I like the Buschur exhaust look and sound, but was worried when they posted that it was quite loud with a test pipe. I'm not sure! Fortunately, I don't pick up my car for another month, so I plenty of time to ... ponder....

Good luck with your decision. My vote: stick with the duals, even if the GReddy sounds good.

EDIT: Just read a positive review on the ProRacerZZs you mentioned. They look pretty good too!
I saw that too, but WTF is a PS? 1PS=1HP? I would realy like to hear it.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.