Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry about all the threads :) but I have to ask.. got to mount exhuast on the car and between the HFC and mid pipe i put my hand and it was leaking exhuast so I removed and then re-tighten that part ... now i dont get a exhuast leak but its dripping water from there :\ .. i assume this is a leak.. its a perrin exhuast with AMS HFC any ideas how to get rid of this... i have vibrant gaskets inbetween.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? :\

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vibrant gasket is new... i heard they were good also .. should I disconnect use the same vibrant gasket and just add gasket sealer? Permatex Ultra Copper RTV Silicone Gasket Maker - ?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just cut off the shit flange and weld the full exhaust together.

voila. no leaks

No can do.. i dont weld... and i need to remove everything anyways when i take it in for service or warranty ;) plus i did my install on race ramps ... front part only since i cudnt jack up the rear to accomodate the race ramps at rear...

anyways is that product ok??

·
Registered
8,773 Posts
Grimspeed makes double thick gaskets so get that plus gasket sealer from your local auto store and you should be good.
That is what I did to get my to stop leaking.

Vibrant gasket is new... i heard they were good also .. should I disconnect use the same vibrant gasket and just add gasket sealer? Permatex Ultra Copper RTV Silicone Gasket Maker - ?
I tried 3 Vibrant gaskets and they would never seal.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
300 + actually LOL but yeah this will be applied just where the hfc meets the midpipe of the perrin exhuast... so knowing the temperature would help... lolol

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wish I could live over there man.. if i order something it takes me 3 weeks... i cant be that long without my car .... HELL NO! lolol i have the gasket that came with perrin.... i used the vibrant though... it does seem slighty thicker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.