Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using Tephra bleeding tool to bleed and diagnose Service required warning on Evo X GSR 08.
When activated, the pump cycles with running for 10 seconds and stops for 10 seconds, runs for 10 seconds, etc..
If the bleeding valve(s) is/are opened the pump starts and fluid comes out..

I am wondering if this is the correct function or if the tool activates the pump to build up pressure to certain level and the pump starts again when the pressure has fallen below a threshold, which in my case would indicate the accumulator is not holding pressure due to leaking valve.
The 10 sec intervals are quite precise.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are you turning the steering wheel all the way left and all the way right while the bleed tool is on? And yes it is possible that the accumulator cannot hold pressure, but I am not sure on this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not turned the steering all the way to either direction. It seems to be enough to turn it slightly to activate the valves and get the fluid flowing.

I am interested to know how other cars behave when the the ACD and AYC is activated with the tool.
Does the pump run, and then for how long if no steering movement is done and bleeding valves closed.
How long time until the pump runs again (how long time does it take for the pressure to lower below the lower limit)?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't recall much since it has been a few years since I last bled the system, but I recall that you have to turn the steering wheel slowly all the way to get the thing to bleed properly. There should be 3 bleeder screws, 2 on the diff and 1 up front at the center diff.

For the 2 bleeders on the diff you:
  1. loosen the the LEFT bleeder first and gradually turn the steering wheel CLOCKWISE.
  2. Close the bleeder then make the steering wheel straight again.
  3. Repeat it until there are no bubbles.
  4. For the RIGHT bleeder you do the same but turn it COUNTERCLOCKWISE
For the front bleeder you do the same as the diff but you can turn in either direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts