Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was charged with two counts of assault and battery with a deadly weapon since there was a passenger and leaving the scene of an injury accident.

·
[Global Mod], [Local Team Member]
2,511 Posts
I live in SoCal and this type of stuff is all over the news. Pretty crappy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The car probably have just let the arsehole by and none of that would have happened. There will always be more tailgaters (and other idiotic drivers). In my opinion, it's just best to get away from them and avoid any problems.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
The car probably have just let the arsehole by and none of that would have happened. There will always be more tailgaters (and other idiotic drivers). In my opinion, it's just best to get away from them and avoid any problems.
Right. Always give in to extortion, always give in to demands of felons, always bend over to demands from terrorists.

Or did you mean something else?
:duh:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Don't know what started it, but he should have just gotten over at that point. My ex has that same "I'd rather crash than yield to an *******" mentality and all she has to show for it is a fucked up car and a high stress level.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,069 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't know what started it, but he should have just gotten over at that point. My ex has that same "I'd rather crash than yield to an *******" mentality and all she has to show for it is a fucked up car and a high stress level.
I agree that the Nissan could have completely prevented this by speeding up and moving over, but by no means am I saying the truck was justified in what he did. The Nissan could have even slowed down so the truck could have passed on the right before it got to this point.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Exactly. Though the truck was way in the wrong. I highly doubt it was a matter of this guy just flying up and doing his road rage thing. The Nissan probably was playing rolling road block just to fuck with him for tailgating.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,069 Posts
the more amazing thing to me is right lane drivers. They are soo freaking clueless. I would have either sped up or slowed down to not be a part of that on-going shitstorm.

Truck could have passed in shoulder easily, he intentionally tried to pit maneuver the nissan but sucked ass at doing it. The nissan driver was a douche, but the truck driver deserves jail time for that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the more amazing thing to me is right lane drivers. They are soo freaking clueless. I would have either sped up or slowed down to not be a part of that on-going shitstorm.

Truck could have passed in shoulder easily, he intentionally tried to pit maneuver the nissan but sucked ass at doing it. The nissan driver was a douche, but the truck driver deserves jail time for that.
Good point, it took all three for this situation to happen.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's crazy is that it took like three weeks for them to track down the driver of the truck. He was arrested this last weekend. They still haven't found the truck. He got rid of it the night of the incident and police still haven't found it. I have a feeling they won't be finding it. It's probably either parted out or at the bottom of a lake somewhere.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,069 Posts
And also, cause I'm not a slow driver, and would never claim that. But lesson #1 in dealing with slow traffic in the left lane: ASK THEM POLITELY TO MOVE.

Yeah, you can communicate. And it works 99% of the time way better than tailgating like a moron. As you approach, just let the vehicle slow down and get close enough to show you want passed. But then back off, get a safe following distance. And I guarantee you 9 times out of 10 that vehicle will actively do something to get out of the way and then let you pass.

Get up their ass though and you're gonna be stuck their all day.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Right. Always give in to extortion, always give in to demands of felons, always bend over to demands from terrorists.

Or did you mean something else?
:duh:
Not really sure a jerk on the road is comparable to extortion, felons, or terroists, :duh: but if you want to stand up to arseholes on the road and then deal with whatever stupid shit they do in return, then go ahead. I just don't think it's worth it to get all worked up about it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I avoid all trucks and give them a 5 car distance when driving. I let everyone cut me off, making me drive slower. I stopped caring about douches on the road. I'm happy enjoying what I drive, and I don't want one of them to screw up my car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts