Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2015 final edition equipped with a factory installed Rockford fosgate system. I'd like to install the OEM nav unit to keep it as OEM as possible. I know that the 2014/2015 nav units will fit and is a plug-and-play install with their corresponding install kits. My question, will the Rockford fosgate system still work? I have heard that because these nav units have built-in amplifiers the two will not work together. Probably why all Canadian models with RF never came with navigation? Has anyone managed to have both installed without issues?

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
I thought that there was a RF navigation system.. But I can't remember.

I just went with the "latest and greatest" SYGAV system and it is pretty nice. When ordering it, you do have to select if you have the RF system from the factory though because the plugs are different. So that is probably the difference. I don't think its a "amplifier" in the head unit. That's under the seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have heard that on the grounds that these nav units have underlying speakers the two won't cooperate. Likely why all Canadian models with RF never accompanied route? Has anybody figured out how to have both introduced without issues?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts