Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I locked my keys in the car and locked the door, when I started walking away the car started beeping.... I went back, the door was unlocked, and I grabbed my keys.. very cool :rock:

·
Registered
409 Posts
yeah the FAST key system is about 10x better than I thought it was going to be.

Dino has it on his car and I love it. The fact that it notices you putting your hand around the handle is awesome.

The notification beeps are also loud enough that you CAN hear them as you are walking away.

comparitively with mazda, you can barely hear it if you are further than 10ft away from the car.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Fast Key is awesome, but mine has alread quit working twice. Mitsu replaced it though and I haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
375 Posts
There's another way to get your keys out of the car, using the cell phone technique
cell phone technique isn't necessary when the car won't let you lock the keys inside. I love this function, the fast key, suprisingly, is one of the top features of the 08's if u ask me. I wouldn't put it on the same pedestool as the SAWC, but it definitely beats the ATC and the Rockford Fosgate.
oh, and btw, if the Fast key breaks on any of you guys (like becomes unresponsive, and even button presses won't work) then you'll have to remove the metal key from the FAST key, then turn the key around so that the square thumb sized "handle" of the key fits into the FAST key (this is backwards from the way you would remove the key from the insert) then insert the metal key, using the FAST key as the "handle," into the ignition, and turn the FAST key, with the metal key sticking out from it and into the ignition, to start the engine. This was fun to learn while in the parking lot at work, in front full walls of windows.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ive tried the cellphone technique on my non-fast key equipped mazda and it failed horribly.

so Im gonna go ahead and say that no - that doesnt work.

I didnt realize you could turn the key around and lock it in. I just thought you removed the key and used it as is... thats pretty trick...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Man, between that and your clutch, you're not having the best luck,eh?
good catch dino, ur right, but its all been worth it!!!
I <3 my X

·
Registered
32 Posts
It helped me last night, i had to move some vehicles around, and have all my keys on one keychain, so i started the evo, pulled it into the street (left it running), put the keys in my jeep, drove it in the garage, and got back in the running evo, and pulled it into the driveway.

very very convienent.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I keep forgetting the dam smart key in the car cause i just lay it in the cup holder. I have to come out from work at least 3 times to get the dam thing lol. One time im going to come out and some one will have taken it for a joy ride.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The other day, a dude at work asked to drive my evo. I handed him my key chain, but slipped the Fast Key off the metal key and into my pocket. He went out to the car, set off the alarm getting in, figured out the plastic turn key part, took, it off, slipped in the metal key, turned ignition (disabling alarm) and nothing. I laughed so hard that I caused a disruption at work. I found it hilarious. He, not so much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.