Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
621 - 640 of 674 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just stopping in to say hello to my fellow filipinos. I hope all your family and friends are okay after the typhoon and flooding in PI. I'll be heading back soon, and I am not looking forward to the rain haha.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Respectfully always wondered why so many Evo owners are Filipino. Literally half of the Evo owners I know are Filipino here in the Bay Area and they tend to take care of their cars better, they are always very clean and highly modified. Are Evos popular in the Philippines? Or is it a Fil-Am thing?

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
just noticed this whats good. im half and white wash but ive been to the P.I like 4 or 5 times so that makes up for it lol

·
Registered
538 Posts
Respectfully always wondered why so many Evo owners are Filipino. Literally half of the Evo owners I know are Filipino here in the Bay Area and they tend to take care of their cars better, they are always very clean and highly modified. Are Evos popular in the Philippines? Or is it a Fil-Am thing?
Where in the bay are you from

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
San Francisco, right on the Daly City border.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I literally know of 5 Evo's in the area and my neighbor is in that emperor motorsports group, they are all Fil-am and all have insane cars. They are so clean and well prepared, and it's all quality mods and big power, not rice. They track too.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
funny you ask this. i have always wondered why americans i knew here i would say 90% do not take care of their cars and i am being generous in that percentage. here i was in 2002 and just bought a 1991 galant. first thing i did was buy rims and take out all the interior to clean it.

IMO, it is simply the ease of obtaining, in this case, cars.

back in the philippines it would only be a dream to buy a brand new car albeit an evo but here in the US even if you work at walmart or mcdonalds you can still afford one.

this is where i attribute your observation.

to most americans it is simply "just another car" but to us its a "jewel"

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
kumusta :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
maligayang pasko!! at wag kyong magtago sa mga inaanak nyo.. lol

·
Registered
1,746 Posts