Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The final grid order for the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Xs will be arriving in May 2008. After that there will no longer be any 2008 Lancer Evolution X vehicles available for order.

As I am no longer a vendor on here, I have nothing to gain or lose from posting this information, other than to educate the masses on what I know. I did this before I was a vendor and I will continue to do so for well after.

I know there are people who are procrastinating for a price drop in the Lancer Evolution line, but this is not 2006. In 2006, the Lancer Evolution IX came in a VERY LARGE quantity and Japan saw how slow the Lancer Evolution lineup sold in the United States. To a point where dealerships were giving them away. This is no longer the case, as my dealership has been curbed to only 30 cars and I am one of the highest ranked Mitsubishi dealerships in the country (#1 in district, #1 in region, #4 in the country for 2008 so far).

This post is purely for informational purposes and is not an attempt to garner business in any way. I simply wish everyone to know the 'State of the Union' as to what is going on with the Lancer Evolution X. Thank you.

·
Registered
236 Posts
if the last order is in may when do you think those cars will hit the US? aug? i need to hold out until july at least....
I think KMX was saying the last shippment will be arriving in May 2008
So maybe march is the last time you can make an order.

If last shippment is in Augs, when 2009 model release around fall, Then
KMX's post would be pointless.

·
Registered
236 Posts
*sigh* Figures the color I want won't even be available until April.
What if it won't be available at all. Maybe they decided to add PB to the line up because since they are running the shell of the MR down the painting line,
They figure it wouldnt hurt to paint a few GSR in PB. But now with the MR a no go, you think there is a chance that there will be no PB allso?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont understand why they wouldn't just keep the GSR selling in the US. So first they sell the GSR, then stop. Then they sell the MR in October, and then what? stop production and selling for that too?

WTF mitsubishi. seriously WTF

·
Registered
652 Posts
I dont understand why they wouldn't just keep the GSR selling in the US. So first they sell the GSR, then stop. Then they sell the MR in October, and then what? stop production and selling for that too?

Yeah that is the state of mind I am wondering about also now.........:confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are other people on evom that think this thread is just a rumor.

I'm not sure who to believe. When will there be an official announcement?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So basically, the Evo X is a limited edition car. I wish any of you who want one of these rare cars luck in getting one. I was really hoping there would be enough so i could buy one

May the force be with you

·
Registered
366 Posts

I've been saying "WTF Mitsubishi [Canada]" for a long time now... considering the awkward business decisions they've made up here in Canada.... I'm not surprised they'd pull something stupid like this - even for the Americans too.

IF this is true, it's gonna make getting any EVO a challenge, demand is higher, supply is lower... price = higher?

I think I might follow in Soopah's/HRCboy's footsteps now... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
KMXxBadbody, I have an uncle who is a master technician at a local mitsubishi dealership here. He says he's already seen a photo of an evo with revised front bumper and claims it is the XI. He was planning to trade in his IX for the X MR but is now holding out for this so called XI. Is there any rumors of this circulating and is the halt in production a sign of this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
KMXxBadbody, I have an uncle who is a master technician at a local mitsubishi dealership here. He says he's already seen a photo of an evo with revised front bumper and claims it is the XI. He was planning to trade in his IX for the X MR but is now holding out for this so called XI. Is there any rumors of this circulating and is the halt in production a sign of this?
Also, where is this rumor that the EVO will be discontinued? Meaning the last of the EVO line is the X.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.