Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Coupes, Crossovers/CUVs, BMW, Driving

Click above for high-res gallery of the 2009 BMW X6

I must be missing the gene that makes high-riding vehicles appealing to so many other people. As a car enthusiast and an engineer, I can certainly appreciate the performance that companies like BMW and Infiniti have managed to wrangle from vehicles like the X6 and the EX35. But there is absolutely nothing in the new 2009 BMW X6 that couldn't be done better in a vehicle with a normal car-like ride height. After all, who is going off-roading in one of these? The best explanation I could get out of BMW officials for the existence of the X6 is that many drivers like that commanding view of their surroundings that the elevated altitude provides.

According to BMW, the X6 is designed to provide stylish coupe looks with the high performance people expect of a BMW and the utility of an SUV. As is so often the case, vehicles that try to fit too many categories at once end up not fitting any of them very well. It's not all bad news for the new X6, though. While it's not my cup of tea, there are undoubtedly some who will love this beast. Read on after the jump to find out if the X6 is something you might want in your garage.

Gallery: First Drive: 2009 BMW X6

Photos Copyright (C)2008 Sam Abuelsamid / Weblogs, Inc.Continue reading First Drive: 2009 BMW X6 xDrive35i and xDrive50i

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.