Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today I made a 100 mile trek to cycle innovations in Rahay NJ to meet up with Robert Fuller (RobiSpec) to have my KW Variant 3's installed, and the car aligned, corner balanced and all the other stuff he does when doing an install. Unfortunately my rear sway bar didnt make it in time for the install but its on the way and he took care of me to make up for it.

I must say the man is a suspension GOD. I cant believe how much he knows about handling, aerodynamics, tires, brakes, turning, etc... He pretty much can answer any question about anything to do with road racing and has a ton of experience. He was kind enough to answer a million questions I had about cars, his past, experiences, and anything I wanted to know all while doing the install. Me being a shop owner myself, I know how annoying it is to have a customer asking a million questions and looking over your shoulder so I stayed out of his way and basically just BS'd with him the whole time. He did a wonderful Job and I strongly recommend him to anyone looking to get into road racing.

The car handles AWESOME. Feels like its on rails. Unfortunately I had to drive home in the rain so I couldnt push it too much but I definitely felt the different already on some wide turns that I was able to take somewhat fast. The car also LOOKS a million times better. This is my first set of COILS as in the past few evos i've owned, I've only had lowering springs. I dont think I'd ever go back to springs again.

Onto the pics

I'll post more pics tomorrow, any questions or comments feel free to post up!!!

-Steve

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah looks awesome. How much did you lower it by.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
As much as I want to lower mine, I already have a hard enough time not scraping in my list of normal places I go >.<

I even have a couple places where I have to park across the street or down the block because scraping is inevitable no matter how I enter.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As much as I want to lower mine, I already have a hard enough time not scraping in my list of normal places I go >.<

I even have a couple places where I have to park across the street or down the block because scraping is inevitable no matter how I enter.
u scrape on a stock height evo X? how is that even possible, i feel like the car is ready to go mountain climbing at stock height

-Steve

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think there would be plenty of clearence with the aero kit, if thats what you meant. SSS is what i have

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
awesome! Do write up a review when you are able to drive it in the dry. Im also interested in how SAWC handles you being lower. looks good.

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
this is the car that shave 70lbs right. now it looks great i can say don't invest with good looking set of wheels but with the suspension to lowered it. i noticed that the wheels is like tuck in with in the fenders especially the rear wheels.

maybe 1/2 to 1 inch spacer will do the trick. where are you in ny, long island(those houses are typical in long island.) good work bro.

Before

After

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like it :thumbup:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back with the alignment and corner balance? No worries if you can't answer. Sick ride!

to be honest, i dont even know, he told me at some point i think but i didnt even remember

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.