Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah F' them. I better take a chill pill before I go down there 'cause I'm pretty sure it's gonna' get ugly. Last thing I want is some pencil pushing Service Manager giving me some grief about no CEL

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hahah Moose weren't you worried that your local guys will give you grief cause you didn't buy the car from them? :D That's a dilly of a pickle my friend.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep. Looks like I have to break out the nice Moose act:p. They know why I didn't buy it there...seemed understanding but I'm sure they are harboring some bs resentment.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
first thing I'm going to do is bypass all the stooges and ask for the Service Manager straight away. Hopefully I'll save an hour or so of bs and double talk. Next thing you know they will tell me is were sorry the Service Manager is on vacation in Hawaii or some crap and won't be back 'till May

·
Registered
939 Posts
Some of the TSB releases i was looking at (the ones posted on evom) showed that they weren't scheduled for release to the salesmen so why even waste your time talking to them. Call right up to the service dept and yeah, if worse comes to worse, ask for the service dept. manager.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK but I think I'm going to call ahead and see when the service manager is workin. Once I get there I will just walk right in and demand to see mr.manager. Anyone else who thinks they can help me is just dead to me.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Damn....glad to see the flash has arrived! With some of the posts I've read on evom seems like some of the dealerships are making a Big Deal out of it. With tsb# I'm going to try and call local dealerships tomorrow.

·
Registered
535 Posts
^be ready for the cel bs...I'm sure you read that thread on Mnet and all the idiot dealers turning people away for no cel.
The TSB clearly says that the reflash should only be made if a CEL code 1320 is displayed or the engine speed drops at idle and some dealers just try to follow this requrement.
I wonder if this reflash would really help the cars with VIN numbers above the cut-off or they are already good out of the box?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The TSB clearly says that the reflash should only be made if a CEL code 1320 is displayed or the engine speed drops at idle and some dealers just try to follow this requrement.
I wonder if this reflash would really help the cars with VIN numbers above the cut-off or they are already good out of the box?
that's not the way I read it>

It CLEARLY says some cars will throw the cel. In other words some will and some don't. Any X with the right VIN will be eligible for the re-flash whether they have the CEL or not

·
Registered
535 Posts
Read the very end of the TSB under WARRANTY INFORMATION

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.