Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Haha. There is no harm in that. Not like im telling them glue the pedal to the floor to make the car faster. :p

Sad to bring it up but this reminds me of the kid who drove his fathers bmw off an airstrip and killed hismself and a few of his friends. He made a thread with the same exact question. It was really freaky reading it.

Jettlee stick to karate. Throw some fast punches and drop kicks. This car is fast enough as is. Its probably limited at 120mph or somewhere around there which is more then fast enough for streets. Dont think you can drive like you are in fast and furious tokyo drift just cause u have an evo.
Here's some advice that I am going by: Find a local race track. Take a few courses on racing and get in with a club that races at the track on weekends. From there you will have the track to safely go fast and get your heart racing plus make some friends and learn everything about cars.

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
welcome! Congrats on your purchase. being a new line of car, performance mods are being tested as we speak but there already are quite a few options to get a few cheap horse power out of the X. check out the forums.

Most people are looking at induction, filter, boost controller and exhaust upgrades first up.. pretty standard stuff.

Drive safe! Your current evo X is a road rocket in stock form don't underestimate the beast. ;)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Haha. There is no harm in that. Not like im telling them glue the pedal to the floor to make the car faster. :p

Sad to bring it up but this reminds me of the kid who drove his fathers bmw off an airstrip and killed hismself and a few of his friends. He made a thread with the same exact question. It was really freaky reading it.

Jettlee stick to karate. Throw some fast punches and drop kicks. This car is fast enough as is. Its probably limited at 120mph or somewhere around there which is more then fast enough for streets. Dont think you can drive like you are in fast and furious tokyo drift just cause u have an evo.
Here's some advice that I am going by: Find a local race track. Take a few courses on racing and get in with a club that races at the track on weekends. From there you will have the track to safely go fast and get your heart racing plus make some friends and learn everything about cars.
:+1:
Would be sad to relive that event......what a tragedy!

Just seeing if this works.

Just got a red Evo X and I would like to learn how to make if faster, I dont really know a lot about cars. who can help
Congratz and Welcome to EvoX forums. Don't know how much experience you have under the wheel but you can find lots of info here and other websites about modding. Search and you shall receive.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Grats on the car, and welcome to the fourms! Not much I can add to whats already been said. Just get past your break in first, and spend a lot of time reading, and educating yourself on the options before making a purchasing decision.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fresh Paint

Sorry I Didnt Reply Sooner But Ive Been Busy, Thanks For All That Advice That Was 4-real, Malves85 Thanks For Being Concerned About My Wellbeing But I'll Be Fine, I Know Im No Racer X But I Feel That Im A Good Driver, And This Isint My First Fast Car. This Is Just The First Car Ive Owned That I Would Want To Do Something To It. On The Other Hand When I Bought The Car ($39g) It Came With A Scratch On The Trunk Under The Wing, The Dealer Wants To Said He Wants To Paint It (for Free Of Course) But I Dont Know If I Trust Them. They Said They Have To Mix The Paint At The Shop, Would You Guys Trust Them.

I'll Have Some Pics Soon.
Its A Bad Ass Car.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I would let them paint it. Who better to paint it then the people that scratched it. Im sure it will be much better then going to Mako or some other cheap place that would make it worse. Plus Mitsu paint should be under warranty so if they do a crappy job and it peels off or something in a year or two just take it back for another free painting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.