Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With less than 500 miles on the car, I started making some 1/4 mile passes up at US 41 dragway. With the launch control, the 60' times are 100% consistant at 2.0xx.

My best time of the night was my last run. I let the transmission shift itself, and then to hold 4th gear until the end of the track I switched it into manual mode.

60' . . . . . . . 2.019
1/8 ET . . . . 8.835
1/8 MPH . . . 78.91
1/4 ET . . . . 13.763
1/4 MPH . . . 101.10

Using the Jadco scales (local trucking company) the car weighed in at 3900 lbs with my fat ass in the seat, and a full tank of fuel (3640 without driver). These are truck scales that measure in incements of 20 lbs. Spare and tools in the trunk, just like I drive it on the street. My weight at the track was aprox 3874 due to burning aprox 4 gallons of fuel getting to the track.

With all the talk on EVOM of how crappy EVO X MR's are in the 1/4 mile I almost didn't take a helmet figuring I would be running mid 14's! 3 out of 4 runs were in the 13's with one 14 flat on the run where I shifted for myself.

Keith

PS: Refered to the forum by a guy from the philippines... couldn't remember his screen name.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
AWESOME! MR's have not officially posted quicker times to my knowledge.. thats some good S##T right there. Congrats!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AWESOME! MR's have not officially posted quicker times to my knowledge.. thats some good S##T right there. Congrats!!
How many people have taken there MR to the 1/4 mile track in bone stock condition? I would love to see a comparison.

I experimented with three different techniques of going down the track. Technique one was full auto mode (2 runs). Technique two was shifting it myself at a bit over redline (1 run, my worst). Technique three was letting the SST shift itself up to 4th gear, and then taking manual control to force it to stay in 4th through the end of the track instead of shifting to 5th (1 run, my best). All of these were done with the ACD in Tarmac mode.

I wish I had done two more runs using technique three with the ACD in Gravel and technique three with the ACD in Snow.

Has anyone here experimented with the ACD settings and their effects on 1/4 mile times?

Keith

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
fast as hell? lets not get crazy

·
Registered
744 Posts
welcome to the forums keith! i was the one that reffered you. thanks for checking us out.

i only had two runs because of slipping clucth.

first run 2nd run

reaction---------.0698-----------.0519
60ft-------------2.4090----------1.8922
1/8--------------9.6250----------8.6871
1/4--------------14.5602---------13.5541
mph--------------104.5602--------104.90

·
Registered
10,007 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyone talks about the X GSR's being slow, and the X MR's being worse... but I havn't actually seen anyone but myself post up times on a STOCK X GSR or STOCK X MR! I didn't see it in the post listing drag strip times, and a search didn't find any good results either. Everyone posting up has mods of one kind or another. Seems wierd that people don't get a few baseline runs in to measure the improvment of their mods.

Keith

·
Registered
136 Posts
welcome to the forums keith! i was the one that reffered you. thanks for checking us out.

i only had two runs because of slipping clucth.

first run 2nd run

reaction---------.0698-----------.0519
60ft-------------2.4090----------1.8922
1/8--------------9.6250----------8.6871
1/4--------------14.5602---------13.5541
mph--------------104.5602--------104.90

104mph.....youre not stock thats for sure right? 1.89 60 feet is very quick...using launch control?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've been to the drag with my stock gsr(without factory reflash). I only have done 5 times.

1and 2 i've done it with ASC ON....been doing 60 feet like 4,5sec and 3,7,lol....

3 and 4...been doing 2,5 60 feet...but I wasnt getting it up before starting...I was scared of giving it a lot....starting at like...2500rpms...

my last one was my best....I MISSED MY SECOND SHIFT and done 14,56sec at 100mph. I'm going back tomorrow if the weather is alright. I've been practicing starts a little bit so I might lauch it at 4000 rpms.

i'll give you news.....I want to get as close as possible to the 13,5sec....before starting mods.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
104mph.....youre not stock thats for sure right? 1.89 60 feet is very quick...using launch control?

I think jApOrMs is running with an upper IC pipe, ECU tune, and air filter upgrade... not sure what else if anything. He was using the two step stock launch RPM limiter on the GSR's

Keith

·
Registered
701 Posts

that is really quick, reaction time is amazing !!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I took my STOCK GSR out to the track the other day, take not we are at 3800 feet at the Albuquerque dragway, it was my first time out and couldn't launch for crap, but the car ran a 13.95 at 99 mph with a better launch we should be able to get like 1 or 2 tenths off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I took my STOCK GSR out to the track the other day, take not we are at 3800 feet at the Albuquerque dragway, it was my first time out and couldn't launch for crap, but the car ran a 13.95 at 99 mph with a better launch we should be able to get like 1 or 2 tenths off.
That isn't that bad when you consider the altitude. Practice makes perfect, get the launch dialed in and show the world what the X's are made of!

Keith

·
Registered
601 Posts
For the MR?
Yeah lol. I'm sure the GSR's will be way ahead of the MR's. I'm too scared to even launch mine. What about you? I think fourdoor is going to be the first in the 12's for sure. If 11's are possible I bet he does that as well. 10's may be pushing the SST too far without some sort of upgrade to the clutch packs. Guess we will have to wait.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts