Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for fog light delete kit for my 2012 MR with no success.
Please help me find a factory look, not the fancy carbon fiber stuff. A while back, I read about an RS fog light delete kit or something. I am looking for vendors that sell them. My transmission heats up in summer stop and go traffic in Seattle. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I ordered mine from https://www.amayama.com
Shipping took a while but it was really affordable compared to other options I found.

RS trim part numbers below with the costs from when I ordered.

Mitsubishi 6405A103 - COVER, PLASTIC
$5.91

Mitsubishi 6405A104 - COVER, PLASTIC
$5.91

Mitsubishi 6402A139 - BRACKET STEEL (MESH)
$35.05

Mitsubishi 6402A140 - BRACKET STEEL (MESH)
$35.04

·
Registered
291 Posts
Shipping took a while but it was really affordable compared to other options I found.

$5.91

$5.91

$35.05

$35.04

You're the damn MVP, thanks a bunch for this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Please help me find a factory look, not the fancy carbon fiber stuff. A while back, I read about an RS fog light delete kit or something. I am looking for vendors that sell them. My transmission heats up in summer stop and go traffic in Seattle. Thank you in advance.
I live in Seattle, drive in traffic and occasionally race my car during summer time. I have only once in 5 years seen the overheat tranny and that was at the drag strip launching the car. Something doesn’t sound right if it’s overheating in traffic. Have you done the transmission fluid change?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fog light delete

I had the tranny fluid changed about 3 years ago, about 25K miles. I only started experiencing the tranny jerks in first gear while accelerating gently in stop and go traffic this past "hot" summer. The car shifts normally in other gears though. If traffic continually moving passed first gear for more than a minute, I think there's enough air to cool the tranny and will not jerk when traffic stop again. That is why I am looking for fog light delete kit, with a puller fan installed behind the cooler I think it will fix this issue. Thank you all for responding to me and your suggestions. I will get the tranny fluid changed this spring or before it gets warmer here in Seattle. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

$5.91

$5.91

$35.05

$35.04

Do I need hardware to install this kit or can I reuse the hardware in the car? I am leaning toward these low prices at amayama, even though may take 2 months to get delivered.

·
Registered
809 Posts

$5.91

$5.91

$35.05

$35.04

Do I need hardware to install this kit or can I reuse the hardware in the car? I am leaning toward these low prices at amayama, even though may take 2 months to get delivered.
If you go through the checkout, let me know what the grand total is with shipping from Japan. So far the works kit is 160 plus shipping which puts it close to 200 once all said and done.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm wondering if the fog light delete kit is really that important for an occasional autocross and 2-3 track days a year car? I know the SST cooler will appreciate it, but I just got the SSP Titan cooler so don't know.

I do like the look of the fog lights (although my left side is still off since I removed it on track cooking my clutches the first time I went lol)

5,195 Posts
I'm wondering if the fog light delete kit is really that important for an occasional autocross and 2-3 track days a year car? I know the SST cooler will appreciate it, but I just got the SSP Titan cooler so don't know.

I do like the look of the fog lights (although my left side is still off since I removed it on track cooking my clutches the first time I went lol)

On track, removing the fogs and installing this RS fog delete kit did ZERO for my oil temps on my GSR at approx 520whp track setting.

one session, before/after:

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
My transmission heats up in summer stop and go traffic in Seattle. Thank you in advance.
You have something else going on with your SST. I've NEVER had any overheating issues in Tucson (Arizona) summers (which is at least 25 deg F higher than Seattle).

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
You have something else going on with your SST. I've NEVER had any overheating issues in Tucson (Arizona) summers (which is at least 25 deg F higher than Seattle).
Potential slipping - not enough clamping force?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you go through the checkout, let me know what the grand total is with shipping from Japan. So far the works kit is 160 plus shipping which puts it close to 200 once all said and done.
I finally ordered the RS trim kit from Japan, the total was $111.87 including the $30.07 shipping cost.

Hi!
We have your order #xxx at our warehouse. We'll pack it carefully and send it to you within a couple of working days.

Title
Quantity
Price, USD
Mitsubishi 6402A139 - BRACKET STEEL

Mitsubishi 6402A140 - BRACKET STEEL

Shipping price (0.63 kg)

Total

Regards, Amayama.com.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts