Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't noticed anything about your Evo X yet :p

Top vents are blocked up (need to remove during track days)
Top scoop is blocked up (need to remove during track days)
Side vents are actually used to cool the engine bay and evacuate the heat

snorkel to the air intake is soooo straight its not funny (you can see the air filter panel if you peek in)
the MAS is no longer Karman sensor .. it looks to be hot wire :rock: (ie less restrictions and easier to make your own piggyback if you want)

Oil cooler location is so much better designed than the previous evos it looks like a sieve in the wheel well ..

Oil filter location right in front of the engine .. and you don't need sensor adaptors to fit oil pressure and temp sensors :)

Underbody is more aerodynamic than any of the evo's I've had .. of course that's with the undertray installed ..

Once I finish my analysis, I'm going to DIY some of the things which should improve the overall performance of the engine :godance:

Top on my list now is an airbox that gets the air from the front instead of the present position at the top of the radiator .. :p may involve a bit of cutting :bowlol:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yeah, I dont understand the blocked thing. What specifically is blocked? All the vents I have are open and clear. Its pretty essential for the center one to be open, as it drives air over the turbo for cooling.

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
mine are clear.. (?)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Maybe he means JDM evo is blocked or the UK evo maybe....i dont know but i know that they are open ive seen it, sooooooo maybe someone got there info mixed up?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.