Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Doesn't ACD actually tune the ACD pack, ddawg?

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
That was redline time attack, not world time attack. There are lots of different versions of time attack.
Ok, gotcha. Regardless, it would've been interesting to see the TA-X compete against the sierra sierra and others. The car had like 300k invested into and the race weight was pretty damn light, they acid dipped the car for shit sake.

I think people would be surprised if that car went into service in the world time attack or whatever with a really good team, it has potential to beat up on others.

I think AMS is selling it for like 100k right now, buy it up someone :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok, gotcha. Regardless, it would've been interesting to see the TA-X compete against the sierra sierra and others. The car had like 300k invested into and the race weight was pretty damn light, they acid dipped the car for shit sake.

I think people would be surprised if that car went into service in the world time attack or whatever with a really good team, it has potential to beat up on others.

I think AMS is selling it for like 100k right now, buy it up someone :)
IF not mistaken, AMS has not beaten the Local Evasive Evo here in CA on CA tracks. And comparing the 2 Shops.... AMS is on a whole other level.

Last night I typed out a 3 paragraph reply to the comments in here but in the end it doesn't matter. Realistically, If my friends were to ask me the same question, my reply would be... " It's your money, do what you want!" People get too worked up on what the car "CAN DO". People need to worry about what YOU CAN DO not what OTHERS CAN DO.

Shit, My personally opinion... 20K and I see Volks, Varis Parts, Aftermarket Headlights/Tail lights etc...... Your decisions were definitely not mine.

I chose the power route... I haven't even spent more than 6K on my car in terms of power. How? I have been investing in cars since my Honda days. Knowing the right people and working in this industry you meet the right people at the right times. There's a few members on here who frequently ask me for guidance and how I was able to do what I did with my X in a matter of 2 months.... that's a whole different topic.

Back on topic....

This goes for everyone....... It's your money, do as you please. Please yourself, and don't MOD your car for anyone else but yourself. There are way too many " Should I buy This or That " threads. Your letting your car be built by others inputs. Yes you pulled the trigger but you were swayed by opinions. If you want to spend 20K on the Evo... Great this is EvoXforums your most likely as obvious in this thread will get support. If you want to invest 20K in a Computer Chair strapped to a LSx motor then go for it... be sure you get a cage. again, "It's your money, do as you please"

-I have spoken.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
computer chair strapped to an LS motor sounds like the coolest thing ever!!!!!!!

·
Vendor
292 Posts
Is the car running yet? it's been a while now.

Sean

I have now spent close to $40k in mods and haven't driven my car in almost 5 months.

When done my car will compete with just about anything you can buy. I will be $70k into the car with the purchase price, there is nothing under $100k that I could do which would compete aside from a used GTR with a decent build, and I'm not a GTR fan...

Will report back when the damn thing is running and if it was really worth it or not...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Would I do it again maybe, but not to the extent of this build.

You can never get the amount of recognition I've received on this build from a stock car.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts