Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a squeaking noise in the passenger side IP area since I got the car used a few months ago. Looked into it today and discovered the problem. There is plastic bottom piece under the passenger side IP... basically right above where your feet are. This plastic piece is only secured by two of those plastic clip fastners... so it is able to move. In the back of this plastic cover there are two molded in plastic posts that insert into two holes. These two posts rub against the holes they are inserted into and cause the squeak. Wrapped it with some tape and stuck the posts back in and clipped it back up. NO SQUEAK NOW!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah that is one of the many. I found that one and there is a square plastic piece in the center of the dash right where the windshield almost meets the dash it vibrates when I accelerate with the windows closed it makes the most annoying noise. Also the rear deck vibrates as well. I am gonna dynamatt the back it should really help.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Sounds like both of you need louder exhaust systems.

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Ip?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I rather drone than squeaking. Drone makes your mind go numb with it's monotonous tone. Squeaks are just down right irritating and makes you want to kick kittens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts