Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
Your mods are largely irrelevant. Everyone doing a turbo swipe is going to have pretty much the same fucking shit, just by different makers.

I don't see how you'd be able to gain a whole lot more on the stock block over a BBX Full, though. Build the motor first, then do whatever turbo floats your boat.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your mods are largely irrelevant. Everyone doing a turbo swipe is going to have pretty much the same fucking shit, just by different makers.

I don't see how you'd be able to gain a whole lot more on the stock block over a BBX Full, though. Build the motor first, then do whatever turbo floats your boat.
You don't need to fuckin swear at me.

I was just under the impression that I could make the same amount or more power with the black at lower pressures thus making it a bit safer. Is there any truth to that?

I will then also be able to do my motor if I wished later and still have room on the turbo for more power yet.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
You don't need to fuckin swear at me.

I was just under the impression that I could make the same amount or more power with the black at lower pressures thus making it a bit safer. Is there any truth to that?

I will then also be able to do my motor if I wished later and still have room on the turbo for more power yet.
Lighten up, Francis. He was just swearing in general.

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
You've spent that much money on parts. I just can't see the logic in chasing a slightly larger amount of power while leaving so much on the table by keeping the stock block. It's the logical step, period. You've hit a number, and to make anything more exciting and awesome, you need a built block.

It's why most people go to turbo X, ie, an FP Green, then say "fuck this", and then build the block and do a larger turbo. Sure, you'll have some outliers doing FP Blacks on stock blocks, there's an active thread on one now, but if it was *MY* money? I'd focus on the block first.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
if you are planning to make big numbers with FP black, you also need to buildup the SST.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
So is it not true that more power can be made at lower pressure? And if so is it safer?
Im making 430/370 whp/wtq on the black at 20 psi. Easy peasy mate. The turbo is barely stressing and the engine is very very safe.

NEWB

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
What are you spoiling at? And do you have an MR or GSR?
GSR spool is around 3700rpm. Yup fully built Magnus stroker.

No wastegate until a few days ago, hence why the 20psi max limit.

NEWB

1 - 20 of 23 Posts