2011 GSR

3k Miles on ODO

ETS Intake
ETS UICP
ETS TP
GM 3 Port
SHELL V-Power 93 oct.

Rest is all stock...

Doubt he would even find more gains with a CBE...

·
Registered
575 Posts
wow. thats impressive! looks like I know who I'm going to for a tune when I get my FP Red on

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Seriously, no gains with exhaust? I'm intrigued, can you expound on why? Also, i know the subject has been covered, but for this tune how much different would the result be without the uicp?

·
Premium Member
6,689 Posts
Do you think the numbers are close to a dynojet?

·
Premium Member
6,689 Posts
So basically the stock exhaust is good? Cause basically you said he wont gain much? Theres no way. Not trying to argue just giving my opinion, the stock exhaust sucks. Especially him having a cat, im curious about your numbers vs dynojet.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
So basically the stock exhaust is good? Cause basically you said he wont gain much? Theres no way. Not trying to argue just giving my opinion, the stock exhaust sucks. Especially him having a cat, im curious about your numbers vs dynojet.
He doesn't have a cat, he has a test pipe. The 2011 exhausts flow the most out of any year. The boost is still going to taper the same in the top end so an exhaust wouldn't make much of a difference there. It might free up the mid range some though.

·
Premium Member
6,689 Posts
He doesn't have a cat, he has a test pipe. The 2011 exhausts flow the most out of any year. The boost is still going to taper the same in the top end so an exhaust wouldn't make much of a difference there. It might free up the mid range some though.
Missed the testpipe part, but those numbers with stock exhaust are just too high. Im sure his a great tuner but almost 400 trq with stock exhaust is too much. Yes the 2011 might have a better exhaust but im sure a aftermarket one is way better. I will like to see this numbers on a dyno.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Is it just me or are the AFRs at 14?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seriously, no gains with exhaust? I'm intrigued, can you expound on why? Also, i know the subject has been covered, but for this tune how much different would the result be without the uicp?
I think the gains will be minimal. The 2011 has the most free flowing exhaust. Typically you gain HP with a exhaust because of extra flow. due to the smaller diameter inturn he gained torque.

UICP is more for response than anything else and get rid of the ballooning effect.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you think the numbers are close to a dynojet?
I would say he is close to 340-360whp and 380-400 wtq. These runs were done on the same road I do tunes on usually. So the numbers fall in line with other evo's.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Nice work!
So boost peaks around 28psi, but if he was not running a 3port, what boost level would you aim for and what would it actually reach?
How much of these gains are related to use of a 3port boost solenoid?
(Stock is, what, 18psi?)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Missed the testpipe part, but those numbers with stock exhaust are just too high. Im sure his a great tuner but almost 400 trq with stock exhaust is too much. Yes the 2011 might have a better exhaust but im sure a aftermarket one is way better. I will like to see this numbers on a dyno.
You can torque with some restriction and lose a bit of whp. I don't disagree some aftermarket ones flow better. But really on a stock turbo at this point the gains will be minimal. Why spend 1k now on a exhaust when the power band is decent...

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice work!
So boost peaks around 28psi, but if he was not running a 3port, what boost level would you aim for and what would it actually reach?
How much of these gains are related to use of a 3port boost solenoid?
(Stock is, what, 18psi?)
3 port gives finer control of the boost based on TPS input as well as other fun tables for corrections etc... stock is 20-21 psi. Each car is a bit different with the boost. But a range of 25-28 psi there is torque to be gained.

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
ill be the guinea pig... @vegetax ill get dyno on a dynojet and compare numbers to my graph to see how accurate VD is

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ill be the guinea pig... ill get dyno on a dynojet and compare numbers to my graph
:bowlol:

LOL... that only works if its on the same day near the same location. You should know better than comparing dynos on the internet. But you are more than welcome :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts