Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's crazy high in the front. Standing directly off to the side I can pretty easily see the suspension (especially since it's yellow and red). Sometimes I wonder if they left shipping spacers in the front springs or something lol. I keep forgetting to check for that.

I guess at least the 4x4 look isn't as out of place on this car with its rally heritage as it would be on others.

Attached an example photo, brightened so it's easier to see the gap.

May have to get a set of those Swift Sport springs after all.

[img removed]

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
u've been here for a long time .. cars looks really new - u traded in for 2012?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
It's crazy high in the front. Standing directly off to the side I can pretty easily see the suspension (especially since it's yellow and red). Sometimes I wonder if they left shipping spacers in the front springs or something lol. I keep forgetting to check for that.

I guess at least the 4x4 look isn't as out of place on this car with its rally heritage as it would be on others.

Attached an example photo, brightened so it's easier to see the gap.

May have to get a set of those Swift Sport springs after all.
cobb springs give it a "just perfect" drop imo

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I'll look for some photos of Cobb springs, haven't seen anyone running those yet afaik.

u've been here for a long time .. cars looks really new - u traded in for 2012?
Thanks, it's my first Evo and it is new, but it was one of the last MY11s in the area.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know exactly how you feel about the stock height and the wheel gap. Here is a pic of my car lowered on Swift Sport springs. Granted it's a crappy cell phone pic and not stock wheel/tire setup, but it should still give you an idea of how much drop the Swifts will give you. Hope this helps.

BTW I will be putting these springs for sale next week;)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I see you're in Phx. I live in the SE valley, but work closer to downtown and I have an 11' GSR, if you want to compare side by side to see the OE height difference just to see if you something abnormal send me a PM. I can tell you how to find me.

·
Registered
817 Posts
get the eibach pro kit and call it. A lot of people might tell you to get spacers but dont ever do that. You have no idea the risk you will be taking by getting spacers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
get the eibach pro kit and call it. A lot of people might tell you to get spacers but dont ever do that. You have no idea the risk you will be taking by getting spacers.
What are the risks when getting spacers? I am thinking of getting spacers soon and I want to know what I am getting myself into.. Also, I heard the eibachs drop a little too much and that the life of the shocks goes down tremendously!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks, I like the Swift Sport stance, but I wonder if the Rally Armor mudflaps would have issues scraping or catching on the speedbumps and drainage dips in the roads around here if the car is lowered.

Blade - thanks, I'll keep the offer in mind =)

I have to say, seeing those WW GSRs, I like the black side-vents much more than the body-colored ones on my MR.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Thanks, I like the Swift Sport stance, but I wonder if the Rally Armor mudflaps I'm putting on would have issues scraping or catching on the speedbumps and drainage dips in the roads around here if the car is lowered.

Blade - thanks, I'll keep the offer in mind =)

I have to say, seeing those WW GSRs, I like the black side-vents much more than the body-colored ones on my MR.
When I found out the vents were color matched on the MR, I would of only bought an MR in PB, or traded/painted the vents. To me, the black vents just "look right".

I can tell you the bad part of driving a GSR is trying to cruise down the 60 or the 10 and doing nearly 4k revs at 75-80mph though. I can't help but think once I get an exhaust it's going to drone like crazy :freak:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts