Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cunning Linguist
12,473 Posts
Did you use this on an MR or a GSR? How did you like it? How sensitive are the Sport 2 and 3 modes? Also, is there an economy mode?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you use this on an MR or a GSR? How did you like it? How sensitive are the Sport 2 and 3 modes? Also, is there an economy mode?
I had this on my MR and a buddy of mine had it on his GSR. We both think it works wonder. I think this device shines best on the MR as it tends to have a little hesitation on first gear which this fixes. It has Eco, Sport 1, 2, and 3. I normally keep it at 1 and 2 for daily driving. 3 should be best saved for the track because it's super sensitive and you can hit WOT by a tiny tap on the throttle. I'm selling it because I'm parting out my car and returning it to the dealership.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I had this on my MR and a buddy of mine had it on his GSR. We both think it works wonder. I think this device shines best on the MR as it tends to have a little hesitation on first gear which this fixes. It has Eco, Sport 1, 2, and 3. I normally keep it at 1 and 2 for daily driving. 3 should be best saved for the track because it's super sensitive and you can hit WOT by a tiny tap on the throttle. I'm selling it because I'm parting out my car and returning it to the dealership.
I think it would benefit people more who are going the untuned route

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
450 Posts
I want this but a little short on funds now! :(

·
Registered
14,255 Posts
*shakes head*

It's not the use of the TCU itself, Mazz... All this thing does is translate pedal position into Throttle position faster... so if you have a 1 to 1 ratio of Pedal Position to Throttle plate position, 1% of pedal movement will translate to 1% movement of the throttle plate....

This booster will do like a 1 to 5 ratio... 1% pedal movement for 5% throttle plate movement.

Basically it just "Floors" the car with just a tap of the throttle (Because in race situations you're pretty much at WOT all the time I guess)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.