Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
[Local Team Member]
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, first item on the block is the APR GTC200 wing. the wing is in good condition with a few blemishes and scratches but it does look great. it is missing 2 of the bolts but you can get these in any Home Depot so no biggie. here are a few images and there are more on my site:

more images here:

http://www.snirgolan.com/p520712020/h25b631ff#h2c9725bd

price is $500 picked up in the boston area and i am also willing to deliver anywhere as long as it is not more than an hour and a half away from 02468.

next on the list is a set of Evo x GSR wheels and tires. this set has about 3000 miles on it and the tires have about 90% thread left. i checked the rims and one rim has some curb rash but the other 3 looks perfect as far as i can tell:

price is $1000 picked up or again, i will deliver anywhere as long as it is no more than an hour and a half from 02468.

·
[Local Team Member]
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, i forgot to state the the rims do NOT come with TPMS and you will need to have them installed or at least install valve stems.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I really want that wing but i am about a day away from you.... Planning on a trip to florida any time soon??

·
[Local Team Member]
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no Florida trips for me anytime soon which is a shame because i love that place!

btw, price drop on the rims and tires: $900 picked up!

·
Registered
322 Posts
On the grand scheme of things, how functional is that wing?

Serious question... anybody have insight on this particular wing versus others? As I'm becoming more and more of a track whore, this is something that's starting to pique my interest.
I do. The wing is very effective at creating measurable down force when at speed. Two things happen. You will have increased stability entering corners, the rear end will not get as light as easily. The transition from braking to power will be smoother and the car will feel more "planted". Finally, I notice a better brake bias. Evos burn up their front pads much faster with almost no wear on the rears. Increased down force puts greater pressure on the rear end and thus the brake balance seems a little better. Very high speed heavy braking is less skittish and more uniform. I currently use their 300, but have tried several. APR has some nice white papers on the their site you should read.

·
[Local Team Member]
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wing is now sold!!!

and yes, i did get the new rims so i need these gone :)

·
[Local Team Member]
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No pictures yet but you will see them on Friday anyway :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts