Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to make the evo more fuel efficient?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
make it RWD

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
seriously though, what kind of mileage are you seeing? That will help determine if your mileage falls in line with the rest of us or if you're way out of line.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
FWD with open diffs. Heavy foot driving I see 13mpg, a mix of the two 17mpg city, cruising on the highway 20-24mpg.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
adjust your commute to be downhill each way

·
aka DolEvoX
1,554 Posts
^ ST, dude youre such a smartass lol... but I completely understand the lack of patience with questions about how to make our gas guzzling sports car that rattles and rides a bit harsh into a "priusillac" haha

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I wondered about this same thing as well when I first got the car. I guess I was in fuel consumption shock. I drove a 2003 Lancer OZ before the Evo and I couldn't get less than 28mpg on a tank if I shifted at redline EVERY TIME. I burned through the first tank in the X within 3 hours or so of owning it (and 120 miles). I've since calmed down and even managed a full 300 miles between fillups (ONCE). Nowadays, I go anywhere from 230-270 miles between fillups, which calculates out to roughly 19-21mpg.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I wondered about this same thing as well when I first got the car. I guess I was in fuel consumption shock. I drove a 2003 Lancer OZ before the Evo and I couldn't get less than 28mpg on a tank if I shifted at redline EVERY TIME. I burned through the first tank in the X within 3 hours or so of owning it (and 120 miles). I've since calmed down and even managed a full 300 miles between fillups. Nowadays, I go anywhere from 230-270 miles between fillups, which calculates out to roughly 19-21mpg.
Good lord, the best I see city driving is 150-180 miles per tank, 12 gallon fill-up. But I never stay out of boost unless sitting at red lights! I think my accelerator is broken it only has two states.:godance:

I am weak and I cannot control myself.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,861 Posts
I get 25 mpg in the city. But I could give a rats ass about gas mileage.

I think if you are concerned about making an Evo more efficient as in having more power, then that's cool, but if you want more efficient as in more gas mileage, you shouldn't own an Evo.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I agree most of the time I average 150-200 miles per tank... do I care... nope.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
:+1: :bowlol:

1. remove rear spoiler
2. pump up your tires so they are rock hard (dont do this, I'm only joking)
3. lower the suspension of the front end
4. strip out everything except the drivers seat/gear selector/etc...
5. smash out all the windows to save weight (except the windshield)
6. remove the turbo

sorry for being a dick :neener:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like to draft fucktards that cruise in the passing lane. That way I can make a statement and get better gas mileage.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts