Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the stock Fuel Inejcotrs are something like 560CC. My question is how big of an injector can you go without retuning your car? I think I have bad injectors and the shop keeps telling me my Injectors are fine but yet the idle runs stupid. My friend had the exact problem and when he bought a bigger turbo and injectors the problem went away. Any suggestions or anyone know where i can get some cheap OEM Injectors that are barely used or new?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
1: You can't change injectors without retuning the car.
2: What does the shop say they think it is?
3: Why do you think you know more than this shop?
4: What are the symptoms?
5: Who / When was it tuned?
6: Have you check your FPR Hose?
7: Just b/c your friend's problems went away when he got a turbo / injectors means nothing in this instance. Taking everything apart and putting it back together again due to a turbo install can fix a lot of issues unrelated to the turbo / injectors.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Do you have a intake on the car? Does it have heat shield?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
1: You can't change injectors without retuning the car.
2: What does the shop say they think it is?
3: Why do you think you know more than this shop?
4: What are the symptoms?
5: Who / When was it tuned?
6: Have you check your FPR Hose?
7: Just b/c your friend's problems went away when he got a turbo / injectors means nothing in this instance. Taking everything apart and putting it back together again due to a turbo install can fix a lot of issues unrelated to the turbo / injectors.
8)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The shop cannot figure out what the problem is. I have had them check all the hoses and everything and they still cannot figure it out. I know for a fact that I do not know more than the shop I just think that it may be the problem. The symptoms include my car having a weird idle when I stop sometimes...It bounces from 700 rpms to almost 500 which makes the car want to shut off. The car was tuned at a shop in VA since November last year and I have been having the problem since. All they did was change my Clutch. I am going to have a 3.5in intake put on and dynoed. Would putting bigger injectors and a fuel pump affect the car if its been tuned with out a bigger turbo?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
The shop cannot figure out what the problem is. I have had them check all the hoses and everything and they still cannot figure it out. I know for a fact that I do not know more than the shop I just think that it may be the problem. The symptoms include my car having a weird idle when I stop sometimes...It bounces from 700 rpms to almost 500 which makes the car want to shut off. The car was tuned at a shop in VA since November last year and I have been having the problem since. All they did was change my Clutch. I am going to have a 3.5in intake put on and dynoed. Would putting bigger injectors and a fuel pump affect the car if its been tuned with out a bigger turbo?
Still didn't answer the question. Sounds like a tuning issue. Hope who is tuning that 3.5" knows how to set it up otherwise your car will run like complete and utter ass farts...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got a new fp but cannot install it yet. Is the fuel pump ok to install on stock turbo...the relays have been replaced two years ago

Sent from my SGH-T959 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
This sounds just like when I had a car where we forgot to plug in the vacuum hose on the BOV. So my guess is a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Figured out it was the bad blue relays in my car and a bad maf relay...stupid mitsubishi relays...ordered relay kit from ssperformance after confirming from a borrowed friends relay...thanks for the help....three out of four relays were bad

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I'm guessing I have to go to the dealership for that air controller thing..

So your relays didn't fix it? Like everyone said, check for a boost leak, and you never answered if your intake has a heat shield or not.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Intake has a heat shield. But its getting replaced with a ets one this weak.and a new fp...i checked for vacuum leak and found nothing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.