Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
^ what he said. you only need aftermarket fpr if you're doing some serious fuel system overhaul

·
Registered
40 Posts
What do you classify serious fuel system overhaul?

I would also like to know if an aftermarket fpr is needed if I install a dw300 fuel pump and fic1100cc injectors? On pump and e85? Or is the stock one sufficient?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hmm, I may be wrong but I do not agree with this statement, im running a 255+Dw1000cc injectors on a Black = andi dont havean after market FPR?

fuel pump + fuel injectors = aftermarket fpr.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
For just a pump + injectors, you do NOT need an aftermarket fpr.
If you're doing a surge tank or fuel cell with new fuel rail and a huge fuel pump (bosch 044, weldon, etc), then you need one. That's what I meant by serious overhaul.

·
Banned
132 Posts
A fuel pressure regulator is a device that keeps the fuel pressure being fed into an engine at the same pressure. This is important because sometime fuel pressure can vary coming from the pump, and this could cause the engine to run rough. As long as you have enough fuel pump and injectors, there is no use for a AFPR.

·
Registered
809 Posts
If you run the DW300 on stock wiring you shouldn't have a problem with the pump over powering the FPR if you rewire it that might be another story.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
I'm running 2000cc injectors along with 500lph pumps on a progressive controller, I'm just barely debating getting an FPR just so I can run lower pressure at idle. So unless your getting into this area you are just throwing your money out a window.

·
Banned
132 Posts
I'm running 2000cc injectors along with 500lph pumps on a progressive controller, I'm just barely debating getting an FPR just so I can run lower pressure at idle. So unless your getting into this area you are just throwing your money out a window.

^^This
My set up is a UR fuel pump kit, 340lph pump, ID1000cc's and im easily making 550whp with and not using a FPR, I have one, just never put it on lol

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Yep, very very few people need one since we have a half decent stock fpr.
I have one b/c I run higher fuel pressure than most people.
I also have a fuel cell, and omfg big and loud fuel pumps.

But for 99.9% of cars, you just don't need it.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
what you need is a fuel pressure gauge..

especially if your going for a highflow pump (wally 400, or a dw301).

but if your getting into that territory you will need to mod the return system...

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
The only reason I bought one is it was needed back in the day when we could only get DW1000's or ID/FIC 2000cc injectors. I needed something in between so I pushed my 1000's up with fuel pressure.

I am glad I have one now but I don't need it really. If I was running a bigger pump like the wally 400 or Dw300 I'd consider it but I wouldn't think its needed.

·
Registered
236 Posts
This may sound really stupid but can u run an aftermarket FPR on a stock fuel rail?
yes you can but you cant use the AN fittings and will have to use Hose Barb fittings for the hoses which in my opinion looks janky

·
Registered
200 Posts
This may sound really stupid but can u run an aftermarket FPR on a stock fuel rail?
u need an aftermarket fuel rail with a damper. The stock fpr has a damper in it. If u run an aftermarket fpr w/o one u will get really bad throttle tip.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts