Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is directed at those who are installing a OE fitment fuel pump such as dw65, aem, cnt and the like. The stock pump housing prefilter or sock clip assembly on the bottom that holds the sock in place also has a part that hold a bypass valve shut. If you are doing away with the stock sock and it won't fit in this clip assembly, you may be tempted to toss the entire clip assembly... Don't... Without the part of the clip assembly that holds this valve shut, you will just be circulating fuel right back into the tank. You need to either find a sock that fits or cut snip, break or whatever verb makes you feel comfortable, the clip that holds this valve shut in else no fuel will make it out of the tank to its intended destination. I.e. your car will not start. This valve is a fail safe to protect the goodies in the engine bay from receiving the junk that would now not be caught by the sock because the clip is not in place and under stock configuration the sock has fallen out of placement. i hope this saves some the headache if wondering why the pump is whirling away but not delivering fuel. I found no mention of this so here it is. If I put this post in the wrong place, please move it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.